Skip to main content

Weekend Fun

Ugh. I just chugged my first liter of water for the day. I am just not in the mood to drink water today. Although, I am also not in the mood to drink anything else. Guess I am just all waterred out.

Diet is still going strong, hanging in there! We've been really busy this week, all the way around, so exercising just hasn't really happened yet. But I did start taking my super B-complex vitamins, which is the basis for most diet supplements out there, so we will see how that works!

I started house hunting again this week. Not that we are ready to buy just yet, but man, does it make me excited. It has also sparked a fire inside of me to get back on the decorating bandwagon. Sometimes, I just have an aversion to it because the thought of painting and shopping around at garage sales, Craigslist and thrift stores just doesn't appeal to me after I've done it for a while. I have alot of ideas for our house and the thought process with this is that the more stuff we buy while we live here, the less we have to buy all at once when we move to a new house. For example, we are in desperate need of new bedroom furniture. Our bed is quite literally falling apart and the mattress is OOOLLLLDDD and on it's last leg. The dresser drawers have started to squeek something awful when opening them up. The thought has always been to fix them up, but now I am thinking, since Jordan's furniture is cheap and falling apart as well, that maybe it would be a good to redo our furniture for his room and get us some new furniture.

The kid also has a futon that is like, the worst thing I've ever slept on in my life. Maybe it's cause I don't weigh as much as a ten year old, but there is this bar that goes down your back and it's horrible. He needs a bed, a real bed.

We are also going to have to get either Sophia or Avery a new bedroom set when we move. Not sure who will get the stuff they have in their now, but it's good furniture that was a hand me down. And we will also need a toddler bed sometime in the near future. Can't believe I am even thinking about that now! And on that same note, I would like to get Sophia a day bed with a trundle or a bunk bed so we have an extra place for people to sleep. With Jason's family, when everyone comes to stay, we need some more beds. Plus, extra beds are just nice to have.

Of course, ALL of this is wish list stuff. We have more things to worry about at the present time and these are all things that can wait, with the exception of at LEAST a new mattress for us. I am telling you - that thing makes so much noise and sinks in the middle so much...

Ok. So it's not this bad. Yet. But I do sometimes think we might end up feeling like we are the inside of a hot dog bun.

We mowed the lawn yesterday, which kickstarted my allergies, which I highly feel has caused a sinus infection, so I am not feeling tip top. But I do get to go to a baby shower today and then go help Brooke register for Colbi! So, I have a feeling either my baby fever I am currently going through will either get better or worse after today's festivities.

Best part about yardwork:

He mowed almost the entire yard, all by himself. Pretty impressive!!!

Here is just a little video of how we spent our morning. Jason tried to get Avery dancing as we played Rock Band. All we ever play is Eye of the Tiger cause it's easy for the kids to sing. I have to say, it's the most boring song to play. But, the kids sure like it!

Have a great Sunday Afternoon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.