Once again, I apologize for the lack of pictures. I am able to upload pictures onto my Facebook page from my phone but not onto the blog. I promise I will do it!
So, the last four weeks have gone by pretty fast. I can't believe that in three weeks, I have to go back to work and leave my beautiful daughter. I still don't know how I feel about that. I didn't think I could want to stay at home but after spending all of this great quality time with her, it's hard to think of not being able to see her 8 hours a day. I don't like to think about it, it makes me cry.
I have lost 26 pounds so far, thank goodness for breastfeeding, right? I have done nothing to lose that weight. Today, for the first time, we took a long walk. I guess the 80 degree weather at Christmas can serve a good purpose! I hope to lose at least 25 more pounds, which would get back lower than where I started, so we will see! That involves me working out though!
Let's see, so far, at 4 weeks, here are some updates on Avery:
1) As of two weeks ago, at her last doctor's visit, she had gained a pound from her release weight of 5 pounds 13 ounces. I am guessing as of now, she weighs over 7 pounds. She is wearing size 1 diapers (out of the newborns!) and is wearing 0-3 month clothes, for the most part. Growing like a weed!
2) She can hold her head up for a few seconds but can't control it. She tends to favor her left side, so her head is always turned that direction!
3) She loves to be read to! I read her to sleep at night and she falls right to sleep.
4) She is eating every 3-4 hours or so, at this point. She is sleeping in her crib in her room as of two nights ago! Yay!
5) Her eyes are still blue and she is losing her baby hair! She looks like she has a receding hair line, haha.
6) She is not a really fussy baby, although she will cry when she wants something! As soon as I figure out what that is (which is either "hold me" "feed me" "pacify me" "rock me" or "change me") she stops. She is a really easy baby, FOR NOW. Hopefully it stays that way!
7) She didn't like to swing but loves to bounce! Thank goodness for vibrating chairs!
8) She smiles a little, I can't wait for her first full on smile!
Having a baby is certainly a change. I am still adjusting to the thought of being a mother. Not to get too deep, but it takes time to get used to the idea if you've always been single. And it's not the same as being a step-parent. At all. I am taking time, every day, to really adjust and allow myself time to think about how things have changed. I am excited about this next step in my life and figuring out the Jenna I am going to be now.
Stay tuned for more updates! (And pictures)
9 hours ago