Skip to main content

Manic Monday

I feel like this morning has been a little nuts. I didn't sleep all that great last night...lots of things running through my mind. Don't you hate that? Nothing in particular, just stuff. Then, my "alarm clock," AKA, Avery who normally wakes up at 5:30 on the dot, has slept in the past 3 mornings. I actually had to wake her up this morning, which never happens!!!

So, just a little weight loss update. I've been pleasantly surprised with my discipline this week. I've managed to cut out sodas completely with overwhelming success. I've been doing really well at drinking water. I've also done very well at cutting out the carbs. I've not completely cut them out, but the carbs I do intake have been byproducts of healthy things, like milk, although that, too, has significantly decreased. I've had no sweets, no sandwiches, no chips, which has actually not been that hard. I've had lots and lots of salads, boiled eggs, cinnamon almonds, apples, chicken and turkey, yogurt, hummus, and water, water, water.

Although I haven't weighed myself in a couple days, I really don't think I've lost any more pounds. But, I have noticed a big change in how I fit into clothes. My legs are rubbing together as much. My tummy feels (and looks flatter.) I have more confidence when I am walking lately, so that is a great accomplishment for me. Along with all of this, I've managed to put on makeup almost every single day and seem to care a little bit more about how I am presenting myself to the world. Now, onto week 2.

I got P90X last year sometime and was really stoked about doing it. Guess what. I HATE P90X. It's hard and it's boring and it's annoying (that guy's voice and sayings are just like, nails on a chalkboard). But, it works. My diet alone isn't going to get be where I want to be quickly. If I really want to start seeing some results, I am going to have to start exercising, for real. As much as I don't want to, P90X is going to be what will get me there. But I am very motivated to do this and I KNOW this won't be forever. This will be temporary for me. But I need to start burning some real calories. And doing exercises that will get rid of this fat. So, I will start tonight. I know after I do it, I will feel better.

This weekend was fun filled. I only got a few pictures on my phone, so here is what I will leave you with. We spent all day Saturday with my parents. Avery was her normal, amusing, funny, wonderful self. AND we saw X-Men: First Class, which was awesome. Avery also wore the cutest outfit on Sunday to church. She got a beautiful smocked dress for a baby shower and she is just now big enough to fit into it! Have a great Monday, everybody!


She was tired on her way home from church.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.