Skip to main content

Just a little bathroom project....

Raise your hand if this is what your bathroom looks like after every round of baths at your house????


I had no place to put three towels in the kids bathroom. I HATE towels on the floor and thrown over the shower curtain (I mean, to stay their permanently). This is kind of odd, considering I don't mind loads of laundry all over the house. I know. Ironic. Anyway, I have been meaning to do something cute about this in the kids bathroom for a while but just never got around to it. Well, last night, I had ENOUGH!!! Although this was just a quick little project that will probably change again, it works for now and it is actually kind of cute!

The kids' bathroom is lots of bright colors, yellow, green, blue, purple, etc. You can see a little from the above picture. So I took 3 colors of card stock and taped them off.

I found 3 small hooks in Jason's hardware collection and put them directly in the wall, at kids height.

I spray painted the untaped areas on the cardstock with chalkboard paint (the uses for this stuff is endless, truly). You will also notice this particular Pizza Hut box shows up in a lot of spray paint pictures. It actually works pretty well!

Once it dried, I had Jordan and Soph write their names.

Voila! The chalkboard did bleed a bit under the tape, so I might redo them a little more carefully next time to make it more perfected, but it works for now. It is behind their door so I am not too concerned. I am just glad that now, they have a place to hang their towels!

Comments

*Katy* said…
Way too cute! I am so going out to get me some chalkboard paint! You have inspired me BIG TIME to utilize the stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...