It's been a while, so I thought I would write a blog. I have some things to say, so I thought, why not write them in my blog?
It's funny how when you start to seek God, He shows up. In areas that you wouldn't imagine. Lately, we have been attending our new church home, Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano. We joined a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed being a part of what is going on there. We've been trying to seek God more in our actions and in our decisions. It's not always easy, but I have to say I have sought God more in these last few months than I have in the last 12 years. Well, seek and ye shall find. I was at work, of all places, where I didn't realize there were so many Christians. I started talking more about being a Christian, using God in regular conversation, and to my surprise, more people began to use it with me, and before too long, I feel like there are good Christian people there that I can talk to about things. One day last week, a manager told us we had to watch Fireproof, especially me, since I was getting married. Fireproof is a Christian movie, produced my Christians. They have made two other movies, Flywheel and Facing the Giants (which made me ball like a baby.) Fireproof is a movie about marriage and learning how God feels about marriage. Jason and I watched it the other night and it spoke to me, and I think for the rest of my marriage, will continue to speak to me, about how God looks at marriage, forgiveness, the meaning of true love, and hope for the future.
Jason and I have hit a rough patch these last few days. Without going into alot of detail, there have been things that we've had to deal with that haven't been the most pleasant. But there have been several moments that movie has come back to me and I have taken things from it. Here are some of those things:
1) Marriage is a decision you make, every day. It's not about being in love, although that's part of it, it's about choosing that person, every day, for the rest of your life.
2) Marriage is non-ending. God does not intend for marriage to end, even in the most dire of circumstances. He wants couples to seek Him and solve problems the way He intended, even if you don't know where the solutions will come from.
3) God gives married couples a love for each other that is beyond explanation. If a couple seeks God, He will give them a heart for each other that no worldly view will understand.
4) There is nothing that's done in a marriage that is beyond forgiveness. God loves us and forgave us, we should do the same for our spouse.
5) Make God the center and all things are possible.
God surprises me every day. I don't why I get so surprised, but I do. Probably because my human mind cannot possibly fathom the future God has in store. This movie is another way God used humans to speak to each other, and from that, a movie was made that will change the way married people look at each other. I praise God that He chose to show me this movie when He did. He knew what was coming, just around the corner, and knew I would need that message in my relationship. It certainly is comforting, knowing that my Saviour knows more than I ever will.
9 hours ago