Skip to main content

Kids Room Reveal!

The kids didn't know that I was redoing their rooms. Well, they knew it was coming, but didn't know when. Jason picked them up and brought them back home and I made him swore not to tell them. Jordan walked in and said, "Jenna, did you finish our rooms yet?" I said, "Don't know, go look!"

I wish I had a better cameraphone because the moment he saw it turned out so blurry, but he was SO excited! He saw everything organized, his new bed, his desk. He immediately started playing with everything. And he loves that he has a TV all his own. 





Sophia was ecstatic when we told her she was sharing a room with Avery. I mean, over the top, happy. So, when she saw her room, immediately she said, "Jenna, can I hold Avery on my bed?" Of course, I said, "YES!" Then. she pulled out books and started reading to her. Then, when Avery wasn't having that anymore, I put her in her Bumbo on the floor and Sophia started pulling out toys.  She'd come out every so often and say, "Jenna, Avery burped twice!" Or I'd hear, "Avery, don't put that in your mouth!" (I can see them from the kitchen and Avery was trying to eat the book.) So cute. Once again, their room is not finished yet.




Once the kids got there and went to their rooms, they didn't want to come out! We were like, OK, what do we do now? We are so used to them pulling everything out to the living room and being completely cramped up. And then, the hard part. When they had to go back to their moms, they didn't want to leave. That usually happens when they get something new at our house. Soph went in their closet and I saw tears, "I want to stay here with Avery!" She sobbed. I told her, "I know sweetie, but you will be back and you can spend all weekend next weekend!" That's hard to watch.

What a good feeling last night was!! It's like we gained so much more room in our house. Good day!!!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...