Skip to main content

TGIF

When I got home last night, Jordan greeted me with a good little surprise. He had made me a card for Step-Mother's Day! (Which, I think was Thursday this year)



What a wonderful surprise. He spent so much time on it! I even asked him who told him it was Step-Mothers Day and he said, "My mom." Ok, that made me feel even better. Our apartment had a fun little Cinco de Mayo social, complete with Freebirds and chips and salsa. I ate chips and salsa all. day. long. I was so sodium-ed out by the end of the day. Bleck.

I love the weekends. It means I get two whole days off to spend with my beautiful daughter. I honestly can't believe that in a couple of weeks, she is going to be 6 months. TIME - STOP PLEASE!! That little booger is STILL not rolling over for me. Literally, I show up to pick her up and Pam is like, "She's been rolling over all day! Even right before you got here!" and then, she stops. Pam says she's never seen anything like it before, it's like she knows I am watching. Little stinker.


I had to get Avery new pj's last night, she has officially gone through another growth spurt at some point in the last WEEK and now only fits in 3 pairs of pjs. She is 5 months and needs 9 month pjs. WHAT???? She is a big girl, really long. It's the length that gets her. Her feet are like to the end of the footie and her legs can barely straighten out. Haha.

I also got some new food for her, ready to go for when she is ready. She has her 6 month doctor's visit on the 31st, so I am going to wait to introduce veggies until I get the doctor's go ahead.

Also, congrats to our friends Karen and BJ on their new addition - PRESLEY! Her family updated her blog all day yesterday to give us up to the minute action. It was like the basketball playoffs, only for girls. :-) You can visit her blog here.

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this face???





HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY EVERYONE!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...