Skip to main content

Mother's Day Weekend




Our weekend was a WHIRLWIND of activity!!
Friday night, I met up with some old friends I haven't seen since before my wedding last year. I have know these girls for about 3 years now and they are just so. much. fun. It was a good free night - they had free tickets to the Frisco Roughriders game, which included free food and drinks!!


Saturday morning, we woke up early to go to a garage sale. We saw it advertised on Craigslist that they had a twin bed, and that was the one thing that we needed for Jordan's room. When we got there, they had a black futon that had a few minor scratches and a brand new futon pad for CHEAP. So we got the futon, got a box springs for Sophia's new bed and gave away a queen bed in about an hour and a half. AAHHH!! Then, my mom and sisters came over for our Mother's Day afternoon of fun!

These pictures warm my heart. The one with all 5 of the girls is the first one we've take of three generations. I love that my family loves my daughter. AND Brooke and Avery decided to match in their gray and black ensemble...




We have stopped buying stuff for my mom a while back. Honestly, I really like doing out-of-the-ordinary experiences with her rather than just buying her something. In the past, we've gone to the theater, but this year I heard of something really cool - it's called Painting with a Twist and it is SO much fun. You basically pay one flat fee and get all of the materials needed to create a painting, including instruction from an artist. We had a BLAST!!





We had gone out to lunch and Avery sat in her high chair for a good part of the time - her first time in a restaurant highchair! The last time I tried to put her one she had a big fat fit in the middle of Texas Roadhouse.


She also had another first...I sat her down on the ground while everyone was over and normally, she falls on her hands to hold her up. I set her down and her little bottom, and she stayed there...and stayed there...and stayed there! It was so cool. I was staring at her for a while and then I was like, I need a picture! So in this one, she is a little slumped over. But still pretty exciting!


 
On Sunday, we went to breakfast. It was FUH-REE! And not a shabby breakfast, I might add. We spent all day long redoing the kids rooms. I am not quite ready to post pictures as of now, but they look SO much better. Yes, it was a very busy Mother's Day but I am glad we got everything accomplished.



I am so glad Avery Grace made me a mother. I don't love being a mother, I love being HER mother. She brings joy to my life each and every day. Watching her do even the most simple of things, like sitting up or blowing bubbles is the highlight of my day...I miss her terribly each day as I go to work and look forward to seeing her after a day of work and in the mornings as I wake her up. She is beautiful, both inside and out. She is such a gift to my life, I thank God (and my husband) for making me her mother every single day.


I LOVE YOU, AVERY!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.