Skip to main content

Do Your Best and Forget The Rest

I started doing P90X a couple weeks ago. Something he says a lot is "Do your best and forget the rest." I love this phrase, and not just for exercising. For everything in life. I can't tell you how many hours I spent wasted, thinking of all the times I've failed. Failed at big things like quitting college, or failed at little things, like not doing the laundry this weekend like I should have. Life is just full of little challenges and obstacles, ready to bring you down and make you fail. You might know them as their alias, satan. And the only thing you can do is do your best and forget the rest.

Do you ever sometimes feel like perhaps you set a goal, maybe, cleaning your house. And no matter what, you can't seem to get it done. After the weekend, you have a mess of a house and guilt for not achieving something you set out to achieve. Then you spend the next hours, days, feeling bad about it. And it makes you feel like a failure as a wife and a mom and a homemaker that you didn't get it done. This is satan popping up. Making it harder on you to feel good about things you've done. Its hard for people to get back up and try again sometimes. But I love that each day, you can do your best and forget the rest. Because it really doesn't matter if you had a bad day today. If you woke up from a 2 hour night sleep because your baby was sick, you have a horrible hair day and you were late to work, and the best you could bare to do is just get there, then just know tomorrow is another day, and it will be a better day. Forget the rest. Your best may look different from day to day. You can't always be the best in other peoples eyes, but as long as you know you are doing the best you can today, that's all that you can really do.
God tells us that he will renew our lives. He will renew your spirit. He wants you to persevere, keep going. Just do your best and don't give the devil get a foothold. Don't let him pull you down.
That being said, we had a very busy weekend. I actually felt pretty productive and had some good energy...so it was a good weekend. Gigi and Pops came over - they can't stand to let a week go by without visiting with us - and the scene was pretty much stare at Avery and take pictures. Jordan and Soph were at a party this afternoon so they were only here for a little while. She has start eating cereal recently and dad has been excited to feed her. I started to feed her and was into it a few bites when he said "Ok, time for me to cut in." He is excited that she is getting big enough for some fun food! Just a few more weeks and it will be time for some veggies!!!


Have a good Monday morning everyone!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...