Skip to main content

31 Days to a Fruitful Marriage Day Twenty Three: Picking Priorities and Keeping Them

 
Priorities are tough because our priorities seem to change with every passing day. there are some priorities that we set for our time and then priorities we set as examples for our children. Being intentional means setting priorities and keeping them, no matter what happens during our days. It can be challenging, but worth it.
 
Our first priority in our marriage should be finding time for God. How much time is up to you and God, but at least once a day, time needs to be set aside. Our second priority in our marriage should be our spouse. Whether or not we want to admit it, our spouse is who we've chosen to spend our life with, they need to be the most important person, aside from God. Our third priority are our children. It's tempted to make them #1, but we shouldn't.
 
After that, our priorities need to be decided between to the two people in our marriage. Questions like: Will we be a two-parent-working home or will one of us stay home? How many activities should each child get involved in? How many activities should we individually be involved in and how much time should we spend in those hobbies? How much time will we spend in service to the church? How will we spend our money each month? These are all ongoing concerns that take money, time and energy away from our families that should be discussed and considered. Both spouses should have equal input on the priorities and their positions should be considered very carefully. After a decision has been made, it's important to stand by that choice and live life according to the priorities we set and not sway. If a priority decision isn't working, alter it to work.
 
Living lives by the decisions we make is incredibly important because it forces us to be intentional, which in turn, allows us to be fruitful.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...