Praying is a fundamental part of the Christian walk. As an individual, spending time with God in prayer is essential, but praying in your marriage, together, can make a world of difference There are so many benefits to praying together:
1) It is really hard to say ugly things to someone for whom you just prayed with/prayed for.
2) Praying shows you as a couple the path God wants you to lead.
3) It brings to importance the things God wants you to work on in your marriage.
4) It puts you both on the same page.
5) It helps you live in your role God intended within your marriage.
6) It helps remind you that marriage isn't fleeting, it is a promise.
I still remember the first time I ever heard Jason mention my name to God in prayer. No man had ever prayed for me or about me before. While I knew Jason was important to me, there is just a level of intimacy I gained knowing that he thought more about me than just a girlfriend, my spiritual life and my heart were important to him, too. The second he prayed for me, it made me want to be close to God, too. It made me want to have more than just an earthly relationship, I wanted our relationship to be centered on God. Praying for your spouse and with your spouse is probably one of the best things you could do for your marriage, without a doubt.