Skip to main content

Weight Shock

So, I am a little depressed.
 
I haven't really thought about weight loss in a very long time. We've just had so many things going on, that adding one more thing onto our very busy plate just had my head spinning. I weighed myself this morning and had a huge shock.
 
190. 190 pounds. I am 20 pounds away from my heaviest pregnancy weight. Last year, when I was my heaviest, I was 177. This year, I am 190. My goal is 150 and now, instead of 27 pounds to lose, I have 40.
 
Nope. This is enough. I've had it. I have a beach trip in August. I am starting to not fit in my clothes, in a bad way. I have gained 13 pounds this last year and I've had enough.
 
Please don't message me about any weight loss products, no shakes, no cleanses. I don't want to do any of that. I want something easy, something affordable, something I can stick to. I can't do Weight Watchers, I hate counting calories and keeping track of everything. I need ease, smaller portions, no snacking on junk, and no sodas. I need meals already made for me. I need portion control. I thought about doing NutriSystem, but I think it's a little out of my price range, so for now, I am just going to go with Lean Cuisines, at least for a couple of weeks, just to help me get started. I am going to supplement with fruits and veggies and a heart healthy breakfast. I am going to drink a gazillion cups of water. I am GOING to do this.
 
You know when you look at people on Biggest Loser and think, "how'd they let themselves get this big? Didn't they realize it and want to stop?" Well, I am going to be there soon, if I don't watch it.
 
Enough is enough.

Comments

Brooklynn said…
You can do it J. Just keep the focus of being healthy. Give it 21 days, form a habit.

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...