Skip to main content

He's An On-Time God, Yes He Is

I got a card at the store today, just for me to keep. This is what it said...
 
“When the time was right, the sea parted, the walls fell down, the lions went hungry, the sun stood still, the waves were calm, the stone was rolled away, the clouds were parted, the Lord ascended…and when the time is right, the King of Kings will return.
God is never early and He’s never late – He’s always right on time. His plan for you is GOOD.”
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE.” Jeremiah 29:11
I just loved this card because it is so very true.
 
I really, really have enjoyed reading the Old Testament lately, mainly because alot of it that I've studied so far has ALL to do with waiting on God's timing. The Israelites had to wait for a long time, on several occasions, sometimes for generations at a time. Yet God always pulled through and was there for them, right in the time He had planned. Sometimes, I feel like reading the Old Testament is a training book on waiting on God's timing. There are so very many stories of people that had to wait on God to either answer prayers or fulfill His promises. A couple of recent stories I've studied would be Sarah and Ruth. Both were women who had to wait on God for things in their lives.
 
We forget about waiting sometimes, don't we? We get very anxious, very impatient. We want to know why God hasn't given me a husband, why He hasn't given me a better job, or more money, or a nicer house, or a baby, or any number of things we want throughout our lifetime. We feel like God has forgotten us. Like he has either abandoned us in our hour of need or is punishing us by making us struggle longer than we feel like we have to. I know I've felt like that on more than one occasion (hundreds of occasions, I am sure), just felt like I knew better than God, on when things should be happening in my life. Well, God proves me wrong time and time again. He always shows me, faithfully shows me, that He is on on-time God. He is never early, He is never late. He's always right on time.
 
I think that when you study the Bible, you really start to see that since the beginning, people have always been inpatient with God, and even in the beginning, He has been there for them in His time. It makes me feel good, knowing that I am not the first, nor will I be the last, to question God on when things should be happening in my life. People have been the same, always. You see examples of it throughout the Bible and it's so comforting and reassuring. I am so glad that God didn't answer my prayers for wants in the time I asked for them. Looking back, alot of things I asked for weren't things I should have had at certain points in my life. Did I know that then? Of course not. But present-day-me knows that God did things when He did them for a reason and I am so glad that He is the one in control, not me.
 
Today was a blessed day for many reasons and I just couldn't have expressed more eloquently than that card did just how I felt while prayers we've been praying for years were finally answered. Boy, am I glad my God is faithful to me and my purpose in His plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.