Skip to main content

He's An On-Time God, Yes He Is

I got a card at the store today, just for me to keep. This is what it said...
 
“When the time was right, the sea parted, the walls fell down, the lions went hungry, the sun stood still, the waves were calm, the stone was rolled away, the clouds were parted, the Lord ascended…and when the time is right, the King of Kings will return.
God is never early and He’s never late – He’s always right on time. His plan for you is GOOD.”
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and a FUTURE.” Jeremiah 29:11
I just loved this card because it is so very true.
 
I really, really have enjoyed reading the Old Testament lately, mainly because alot of it that I've studied so far has ALL to do with waiting on God's timing. The Israelites had to wait for a long time, on several occasions, sometimes for generations at a time. Yet God always pulled through and was there for them, right in the time He had planned. Sometimes, I feel like reading the Old Testament is a training book on waiting on God's timing. There are so very many stories of people that had to wait on God to either answer prayers or fulfill His promises. A couple of recent stories I've studied would be Sarah and Ruth. Both were women who had to wait on God for things in their lives.
 
We forget about waiting sometimes, don't we? We get very anxious, very impatient. We want to know why God hasn't given me a husband, why He hasn't given me a better job, or more money, or a nicer house, or a baby, or any number of things we want throughout our lifetime. We feel like God has forgotten us. Like he has either abandoned us in our hour of need or is punishing us by making us struggle longer than we feel like we have to. I know I've felt like that on more than one occasion (hundreds of occasions, I am sure), just felt like I knew better than God, on when things should be happening in my life. Well, God proves me wrong time and time again. He always shows me, faithfully shows me, that He is on on-time God. He is never early, He is never late. He's always right on time.
 
I think that when you study the Bible, you really start to see that since the beginning, people have always been inpatient with God, and even in the beginning, He has been there for them in His time. It makes me feel good, knowing that I am not the first, nor will I be the last, to question God on when things should be happening in my life. People have been the same, always. You see examples of it throughout the Bible and it's so comforting and reassuring. I am so glad that God didn't answer my prayers for wants in the time I asked for them. Looking back, alot of things I asked for weren't things I should have had at certain points in my life. Did I know that then? Of course not. But present-day-me knows that God did things when He did them for a reason and I am so glad that He is the one in control, not me.
 
Today was a blessed day for many reasons and I just couldn't have expressed more eloquently than that card did just how I felt while prayers we've been praying for years were finally answered. Boy, am I glad my God is faithful to me and my purpose in His plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...