Skip to main content

Word Vomit

I've had some of the most trying few weeks. Honestly, it's been just an exercise in patience. Mainly at work, and not really anyone or anything in particular, just an exercise in patience. I was put in this position to streamline processes, and we all know that is not the easiest thing in the world to do, nor is it the popular thing to do. So, it's been tough. Not only that, but I've been incredibly busy at work, from the second I get there to the second I leave and even through lunch, most days. Not a fan of that, at all, but it's only temporary while we are going through some growing pains.
 
I have found myself with a nasty taste in my mouth lately. It's not that I cuss or say hateful or mean things, at all, it just feels like I am allowing my frustrations and aggravation get the best of my mouth. AKA complaining. I don't like being a complainer all the time. I really don't. Under alot of circumstances, you won't hear or see me complaining. Sometimes, though. Sometimes, it's all I can do NOT to complain.
 
It's one of those situations where, do I have the right to complain? Sure. Am I justified in my need to do it? Absolutely. Does that mean I have to? Nope. There are alot of situations where you are justified in feeling/reacting/saying/doing however you want, but it doesn't mean you should do it. And it doesn't mean that it's OK. Today, I was convicted about just how much complaining I was doing, BOTH on the inside of my head and out of my mouth, and God told me to stop it. Not because there are millions of people without a job that they'd love to complain about. Not because I should feel blessed by my job. (Although those are all good reasons, also) But becauase it's against what He wants from a follower of His.
 
Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. -Deuteronomy 15:10
 
You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours. -Psalm 128:2

So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them? -Ecclesiastes 3:22
 
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters -Colossians 3:23
I hate word vomit. And I really hate when I am the one spewing it out of my mouth! And I really, REALLY hate it when I am complaining about something God has blessed me enormously with. I am going to watch that more closely from now on. And be cognisant of who is listening around me - is my complaining being a stumbling block? Am I making it OK for others around me to think it's OK to say this and that? I certainly hope not. Tomorrow is a new day, with new choices. And I will make them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.