Skip to main content

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.
 
So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.
 
 
This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This system really exfoliates your face and leaves it feeling very clean without drying it out. If I do have a blemish that pops up, I wash my face at night and actually put on Neutrogena Clear Pore Astringent and by morning, it noticeably disappears.
 
 
For moisturizers, I decided to continue with the Oil of Olay line and got two - one for nighttime and one for the day. For the nighttime, I got the Olay Regenerist Micro-sculpting cream. I love this stuff - and it is a big pricey, at over $20 a jar. But a little really does go a long way.
 
 
For daytime moisturizer, I use Olay Total Effects 7-1 Moisturizer. I do like this moisturizer, and for about $12 a jar, the jar itself doesn't last nearly as long. The nighttime moisturizer I've used every night for over a month and still haven't put much of a dent in my supply. My daytime one, I've used just as long, and I am about to have to get another bottle.
 
 
Along with my new face care system, I decided to get some new makeup and makeup related supplies. The first thing I got was some face primer. I never would have thought this would have been necessary, but it really helps put on makeup evenly. I researched some affordable options online and found Elf brand to be the most highly recommended, surprisingly. But I really, really like it. It goes on light and it really helps. It's only about $5 a jar, I think?
 
 
I also did some research for some new concealer and found NYX brand to be a highly recommended brand, comparable to the higher priced brands. I like this concealer a lot and it blends with my makeup perfectly.
 
The next thing I was going to have to spend some money on was some good coverage for my face. Cover Girl Liquid Powder was not working for me anymore. The coloring in my skin has changed a lot in the recent past - I don't tan anymore, so the color that had worked for so long just wasn't working anymore, and neither was anything else. I was having to use a lot on my neck to make it blend correctly, and in the sunlight, it still looked like I was wearing a lot of makeup. So, after many recommendations on Facebook, I took the plunge and tried Bare Minerals. Sidenote - I LOVE this system. It has been amazing and it's totally worth the cost. I chose to go with a beginner system (Complexion starter kit), so I could get a brush, the foundation, the all over color (which is better than any bronzer I've ever used) and the finishing powder. This system also came with its' own primer, which I have used, and do like as well.
 
 
I am about to have to replace my foundation because I am almost out, but I will replace it with a much larger size. The all over color will last me a really long time. The finishing powder is amazing! I am so glad I invested in this. Not only do I love the way it looks when it's on, it absolutely makes my skin better. My skin has much fewer breakouts. Most of the time, I don't even feel like I am wearing makeup. I used to scratch my face and have a fingernail full of foundation - no more!!
 
 For the rest of my skin, I will probably always use lotion from Bath and Body Works. I love the way it smells and I feel like it is thick and doesn't ever make my skin feel dry, even by the end of the day. I try to buy a bunch when they are onsale.



So, that's it! What do you do for your skin?

Comments

April Bacon said…
I use the walmart brand of the Olay moisturizers and it's awesome. I think it was only $11 v the $20 for Olay. And, it's lasted a long time, maybe 2 months. I also bought one of those roller ball under eye things and I don't believe it helps at all!

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.