Skip to main content

Another Baby?

NO, I am not pregnant. Just putting that out there.
 
I've been giving alot of thought to it lately, though. I know my parents are reading this, thinking I am nuts for even writing those words or considering another one, but I can't help it.
 
It's weird when you have two kids that are yours but aren't yours, but you still have to pay for them and take care of them and they are still your "kids" but you didn't give birth to them. We have three, but most of the time, we just have one. And she's my one and only. Jason has three but I really only have had one. I have those inclinations, like most peoeple do after having one, to have more because I love Avery and she's so much fun. Sometimes, it's not always fair to me, in that regard. Jason and I didn't even know if we wanted one at all, before Avery. Then we had her and she's such a joy. I didn't want anymore, not until recently.
 
There's so much that goes into it. Do we have a fourth? Four is alot of kids. But it's only two for me, really. And you see, Avery has siblings she only gets to see and grow up with sometimes. And they didn't share her history. They have a different mommy and have had a different upbringing, so how much will they be able to remember, as adults, of memories they have together as kids? I wish Avery had a sibling, closer to her age, that had her same upbringing, that she could go to school with and be friends with every day. But, she doesn't. And when they become adults, Jordan and Sophia have different families that they will want to spend holidays with, not always us. And on those days, we will only have one child to see and she won't have any other siblings to share those days with.
 
On the other hand, the more immediate concern would be: 2 kids in full time daycare, which would be really pricey. Two kids would have to share a room (I mean, the rooms are massive, but still). We would have another kid that needed a car and clothes and food and college help. And do I really want to go through the baby stage again, of being up all night and having no life whatsoever and breastfeeding and another kid to potty train? It's a hard thing to commit to.
 
And we got lucky in the kid-arena once, what if the next one is hard? Or something happens while I am pregnant? There are so many concerns I have, and I think "You have one, one great one, with no issues (healthwise) and who has been pretty easy, for the most part, do you really want to roll the dice again?"
 
I have so many concerns but mostly, I just think how fun it would be to have one more. Hard decisions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.