Skip to main content

What I AmThankful For

Happy Thanksgiving!
 
Everyone on my Facebook feed seems to be doing the "30 days of thankfulness." I have a hard time remembering to do that every day, so I didn't start. But I did want to make sure I wrote about Thanksgiving here.
 
I used to have a mindset, more often than not, of "why not me? Why can't I have this? Why can't I have that? Why is this happening to me?" Pretty much constantly. I was always upset about one thing or another. Holidays were hard for me because I spent so many of my adult years single, while everyone else seemed to be in relationships. I felt slighted; I felt forgotten. I was unable to look at my life and be thankful for what I had; I was too busy being upset with what I didn't have.
 
I still have a tendency towards that, from time to time, but mostly, I think I am thankful everyday for my life. I try to be, anyway. So, here's my list of what I am thankful for.
 
I am incredibly thankful for my husband. He is my rock in every single way. He holds my life together, he makes me sane. He makes my life worth living, each and every day. He cares for me, makes me happy as much as he can, he loves me every single day. He supports me, no matter what. He keeps me living in God's plan. He prays for me, all the time. I love him so much and couldn't imagine my life without him in it.
 
I am thankful for my kids. Jordan and Sophia made me a parent, and I am thankful for all of the lessons they've taught me, and still teach me, about patience, acceptance, and understanding. I am thankful for Avery, all the time. God didn't have to give me her after the life I lived, and He did anyway. She is the most beautiful thing to ever grace this world, she is smart and kind and funny and wonderful and I am so thankful to be her mommy.
 
I am thankful for my parents in so many ways. My parents have truly taught me how to be a parent myself. They've taught me how to love unconditionally, how to pick my battles as a mom, how to create memories, and how to be there for someone when no one else is. I am thankful that Avery has such wonderful grandparents, who love her more than life itself, who make her the center of their world, and who spoil her as much as they can.
 
I am thankful for my sisters. My sisters are the two people who know me the best, and love me anyway. I am thankful that they love my daughter and that Avery has aunts who'll tell her stories about me that I would never share. I am thankful that as adults, we are still good friends, and that we make time for each other.
 
I am thankful for my in-laws. I truly got great ones, ones who are Godly people who are kind to me and accepting of me. In laws who love me like one of their own, who are happy to see me when I visit, and who love my kids. There are many who don't get that from their in-laws, but I am so thankful that I am one of the ones who do.
 
I am thankful for my dogs. I am thankful that there are creatures in this world who love me, all the time, who are excited to see me when I walk through the door, as if they haven't seen me in 50 years. I am thankful my dogs are great with kids and are well behaved, who are soft and loving and wonderful pets for our family.
 
I am thankful for God's provisions. I have a car to drive, a job to go to, a beautiful new house to live in, a bed to sleep in, food to eat, movies to watch, clothes to wear, money to spend (sometimes), a free country to live in, a church to go to, people to spend my life with, dreams to fulfill, a brain to think, an able body, and a Bible to read. I think I am more blessed than so many and never a day goes by I don't think about that.
 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone, spend it with those you love!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.