Skip to main content

Am I The Only One NOT Decorated For Christmas Yet???

I guess I am a little, behind? I mean, it is November 29, my in-laws just left from the Thanksgiving holiday two days ago and we are still catching up on laundry from the long weekend, but I guess I am behind. I hate Pinterest. I hate Facebook. I hate Instagram. Sometimes, I do. Because they make me feel pressured and inadequate. But I will not bow down to the pressure, I say! I will decorate when I am GOOD and READY!
 
Ok. I am good and ready.
 
I got out my boxes of Christmas decorations, which, at our previous smaller house, were pretty adequate. Yeah, it's kind of just a joke in this house how much stuff I will need to make it a Winter Wonderland. But, you can only do so much, right? I will go get some stuff at Hobby Lobby this weekend, in the form of ribbon, garland, and whatever I can find on sale. We are also focusing on lights for the outside this weekend. Let's be honest, that's going to be a a miracle if it looks halfway decent. Lights are pricey and let's just look at the oustide of my house one more time...
 
 
We haven't even measured to see how many strands we will need to cover the front of this house, but I am sure it will be expensive. And I HATE those little, puny lights that are all crooked and ugly. I like big white or red or blue lights, or even multi-colored. Just don't make me use little puny ones!
 
Next weekend, we will put up the tree. I think I am going to try Dina's suggestions for tree decorating..
 
 
I really love the way she decorates her house. She uses different textures, tons of color. I wish I could decorate like she could, but my mind just doesn't "go there" with the out of the box ideas she has. But I do love her trees. They are just full of all kinds of stuff, and not just ornaments! In the link above, she tells you how she decorates them. I am going to try the ribbon idea this year and creative uses of things besides ornaments.
 
I got out my beautiful ornament wreath...
 
 
but since I didn't go through the trouble of hotgluing it down last year, half of the ornaments had fallen off. So, that's going to need to be fixed. It's worth it, though. I liked that ornament, it's so shiny!
 
I thought I would also try my hand at making some burlap wreaths for my front doors. Yep, I need two wreaths for my porch, for every holiday.
 
Something like this would be nice...
 
Simple. That's what I like, since I am incredibly untalented at making wreaths.
 
I had also mentioned my challenge of having a beautiful black lava rock fireplace with no mantle...
 
1901 Westminster Drive Grand Prairie TX 75050 Home for sale - MLS #11751415
 
I am thinking green garland with lots of lights and some big candlesticks on either side, hopefully from a thrift store that I can spray paint.
 
And I will be using these stockings again this year...
 
 
I really hate that we don't have monogrammed stockings. But I always wait until the last minute in December and would rather use money on gifts than having stockings made. Next year, I will have them done throughout the year. We need some beautiful stockings with our names on them. We always had the same stockings for years growing up. There was my name, proudly spelled "Gina." It was mispelled as long as I had it and we just never got another one. We don't use those stockings anymore, but it was pretty funny, anyway.
 
Well, I guess I'd better get on it. I have alot to do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.