Skip to main content

Weight Loss Update - Week 3

I stepped on the scale and was encouraged to find I had lost another 3 pounds, making my total weight loss since 3 weeks ago 8 pounds!
 
Last week, I really thought I'd had a not-so-great week, so I was really surprised to find that number staring back up at me. I know I have drastically cut my calories down (not below what they should be, but below what they were at, which was way too high). I haven't had a piece of fried food once, with the exception of chips here and there. I did have Oreos this week (I ate the whole package myself, over the period of the week, I used to eat half of it in one day. Not lying.) But I am guessing since I cut back on calories, it wasn't as devastating as it was before. That is also the only real sweet I've had.
 
When I feel the need to have a chip, I eat a few chips. FEW. When I feel the need to have a sweet, I will indulge myself within reason, but not every single day. I used to eat a dessert after every, single meal. Lunch and dinner, every day. Either a candy bar in the afternoon at work, or ice cream at home. If an opportunity for a cookie or piece of cake presented itself, I took it, even if the cookie wasn't even worth the calories it had. I guess I am just teaching myself some self-control and to make the calories I do eat, worth it. So, when I am blowing 400 calories on a cookie, it's a really good cookie and not just some stale, two day cookie available at my office.
 
Another thing I am doing is not finishing the kids' plates when they have food they didn't finish. A friend of mine said that was one of the reasons she'd gained weight with kids, and I didn't realize I was doing the very same thing. Either I hated the food to get thrown in the trash or I hated that it was there, so why not just eat it? I eat what I have and no more.
 
I have learned just not to have things in the house that tempt me, but that's not always fair to the kids, so hopefully in a few more weeks, having a pack of Oreos won't make me want to eat the entire thing. We also haven't eaten out very much in the last few weeks, which certainly makes a huge difference.
 
I don't look to myself like I've lost weight, but I can certainly feel a difference in my clothes. This morning, I put on my jeans and they felt a little loose, as well as my shirt. That is very encouraging!
 
Next week, I am going to attempt the "Couch to 5K" plan. I got an app that will help me, so I am really hoping I can stick to it. It's a 9 week plan, so by the time August (and the beach) come around, I hope to be where I want to be!!

Comments

Kaydi said…
Way to go, Jenna! Keep up the hard work!

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...