Skip to main content

Things My Two Year Old Says...

These are some things Avery has been saying lately...

We always love asking Avery who all of our names are in our family. She knows Jordan and Sophia as "bubba" and "sissy," so we will say, "What's Bubba's name?" And she will say "Jordan Whitehead!" Tonight, with Jordan in the room, we said, "Avery, what's bubba's name?" She said unprompted, "He's my best friend." and gave him a hug. It made his NIGHT and ours too!

When we sing "Jesus loves the little children," at the part that is, "red and yellow, black and white" she says, "Wetta wetta back and white." Sounds alot cuter out of her mouth then it does with me writing it!

She is starting to learn boys and girls, and she always assumes a grown up man is a daddy and a grown up woman is a mommy. Tonight, she pointed to a guy walking on the street and said, "He's a daddy! He not Jason daddy." Meaning, not her daddy!!

In the car, she was trying to get my attention, and she said, "Mom! Mom! Mommy!" and I wasn't answering her. Then she yells, "JENNA WHITEHEAD!"

We always ask Avery how her day was. Lately, when we've sat down to dinner, she will say, "Hey guys, how was your day?" Pretty funny from a two year old.

Her new thing is to "not" confessing to things she "didn't do." So she will say, "I not hit Sophia" out of the blue, and we know that means she really did. "I not tear the paper!" and we will find torn toilet paper all over the floor. I hope that habit stays around a while!

When she goes down to bed, I will tell her, "sweet dreams!" and she will always tell me a different person in our family she is going to "see" in her dreams. I never once asked her this, just one night she started telling me, "I see Gigi!" or "I see Jenny!" So sweet.

Jason and I carpool to work occasionally and about 3 months ago, I brought her a cookie from the deli as a surprise. Every time, without fail, she asks me when I get in the car, "You bring me a cookie?"

Her Pops took her to McDonalds one day a while ago for lunch and every time she sees him she says, "We go to McDonalds?" Jason is trying to teach her to say it with a really sad face, not that she really has to twist my dad's arm in the first place.

Avery has a pretty big vocabulary, but sometimes, if you ask her questions and she is tired of answering you, she will literally look at us and speak gibberish on purpose. That's pretty funny.

That little stinker lights up my life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...