Skip to main content

5 Pounds Down, 35 To Go!

So, just an update on my weight loss, I weighed myself yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to find that I had lost 5 pounds last week! I am sure alot of that is initial water weight, but I will take it!
 
Basically, I am doing a few things. First, I cut out all soda and am only drinking water and occasionally, tea. I do drink my coffee in the morning. For breakfast this week, I've had a sandwich flat with a tablespoon of peanut better or eggs every morning. For lunch and dinner, I've had a Lean Cuisine, and am having anything from apples, pecans, breakfast bars, carrot sticks, or strawberries as snacks. I basically cut my calories down to about 1500 per day, with a few days of cheat meals. Although, I do eat as many fruits and veggies as I want (which is similiar to Weight Watchers). So, if I am feeling especially hungry for a meal, I will add veggies.
 
I have cut out all sugar, except for my cheat meals, and cut down significantly on complex carbs. When I say cut down, I don't think anyone really realizes how many carbs in the forms of chips, bread, snacks, popcorn, and pasta I was actually consuming.
 
I started my diet on Tuesday after our road trip to Roswell. So the whole weekend, I ate really bad. Tuesday and Wednesday were both pretty awful, hunger wise. I basically cut my caloric intake in half from the weekend, so my body was not having a good time. By Thursday, though, I was feeling so much better. I was hungry by the time it was meal time, but not the whole day. This week, I am not really hungry that much anymore, I actually have to remind myself to eat or am hungry by meal time only.
 
I've learned a few things about myself this week. First, I am a huge stress eater. I felt the urge to reach for the food when I was feeling tired or stressed out last week, but refused to do it. That was really hard. But I did identify why I think I eat all the time. Second, I learned that you can really only lose weight if your mind is really on board. I think I just go so fed up, and am still so fed up, that I just can't NOT eat well. I was so angry I'd let myself go like that, that I just said enough was enough and I truly mean it. I am really looking forward to this journey and seeing how well I can do. I think the beach in August is really also a motivating factor. Third, I realized how disciplined I can be if I really put my mind to it. We went out to eat Sunday to a Mexican food restaurant and didn't have one chip. That was incredibly hard, especially since I was so hungry, but I was determined to wait until I got my (light) meal. I felt so much better afterwards, not that I didn't have a chip, but because this wasn't a cheat day and I wasn't just going to let myself sit there and consume an entire basket of chips just because they were sitting there. That was certainly a little victory!
 
This week, I am hoping to really incorporate either yoga or walking. My hips have been hurting lately and I know it's because I sit all day long. I heard on the radio this week that they've done a study on people who sit all day and they've determined that having a job where you sit 8 hours a day does the same damage to your body that smoking does. It also takes years off your life, because the human body was made for movement, not sitting. Pray for me as I find the time and motivation to do this!!
 
I will continue to update everyone as I go through this weight loss! 35 pounds, here I come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.