Skip to main content

Just Another Manic Monday...

This weekend was certainly a flurry of activity and we got resolution on Jason's new job - he was officially offered the position on Friday and will start at the beginning of July! I am so proud of him. He has really worked so hard for a long time to get here and is just ecstatic about the opportunity.
 
He even gets his very own home corner office to spend his time in. Pretty jealous!!
 
 
He is going to be traveling quite a bit in this position, so it's still up in the air how this is going to affect me and my job. I certainly don't want to leave my daughter at daycare from 7 to 6 everyday, and as of now, he is able to get her early every afternoon, so it works well. But he has flown a couple days during this interview process, and even him flying for the day, he isn't home until after 5, which leaves me to drop her off and pick her up by myself. I am sure God has all of these plans in His hands, so we will see how all of this pans out!
 
We spent time with my dad yesterday - just a nice afternoon relaxing.
 


 
He is really bummed out because he has no beautiful women to spend any time with.
 
I got to see this little cutie, which always makes me happy...
 


 

She is so fun! She was enjoying a good book here. She liked the page so much, she ripped it out and started to eat it. Talk about Reader's Digest! Ha ha, get it?? Eating it, digest, man, I am full of funnies.
 
I also got Avery some new shoes and made sure to get a pair with lots of growing room.
 

She just loves wearing big people's shoes! She came marching into the bathroom with these on, dragging them along the groud. Such a cutie!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...