Skip to main content

Does Every Generation Think The Decade(s) They Grew Up In Were The Best?

I recently read an article, in which Candace Cameron Bure had posted the following picture on her Instagram account...
 
 
Ah, the good old days. Remember TGIF??
 
 
Ha ha, Balki.
 
Does every generation think the decade(s) of their youth were the best ones to live in? Does everyone have that nostalgia of carefree days of their teen years being the best ones in history?
 
I really think we all do. I think when you hit 30's, it's almost like it's your right to start feeling sorry for the "kids of today..." who will never understand what it's like to have to use a pay phone (at least they know what one is, thank you Adam Levine!) or what life was like with 3-way calling on a landline (you mean, phones used to have, gulp, cords??)
 
Of course, we all know the 80's and 90's were not all sunshine and gum drops. There was plenty of teen aingst, drama, and scary things going on in society. But just for grins, let's go over some of my most fond memories of growing up...
 
 

Oh, Marie Francois Girbeaud. The popular and coveted white tag across the fly. Still to this day, this was the most anticipated and exciting Christmas gift I've ever received. These were like, $80 back in the day, maybe more?? Mucho dinero in the 90's.

 
 How I loved all of you beautiful boys. :-)



Kids - these are called cassette tapes. Say it with me: ca-ssette-tapes. You had to rewind them. You never knew when on the tape your song started and stopped and to get to the other side, you had to take it out and flip it over. And if it got unraveled, you had to spend like, an hour, with a pencil winding it back in. Awesome, dude. But boy, did your own mixed tape of songs you pirated from the radio sound awesome in your car. All of our songs had intros from Kiss FM. And you had to be quick on the "record" button or else you wouldn't get the whole song. Ha ha.



I used Amy here, because I love her, but tall bangs were the biz-om! Oh and the "brushed out perm do." (Not pictured here, but please look at our 5th grade year book for reference).



The see-through phone. What an invention.

Two of my most favorite movies from childhood...





If you don't know what these are by these pictures, please see me immediately for two movies you must add to your "to see" list.

What are your faves from your generation??
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...