Skip to main content

Day Four Blog Challenge...

I didn't take one. single. picture. all weekend long. Bad mommy. My phone was dead, though, so I guess that's a good excuse.

We have had a crazy busy weekend. Friday night, we went to my mom and dad's and Brooke did my hair. I am back to blonde, baby! Saturday, we ran around all day. We also went to the viewing of a boy that I knew growing up. It's a very sad story, but we will just say that our friends have had to bury both of their boys within two years of each other. Both had the same condition that ended up taking them to Heaven. Their oldest was 23 when he passed and their youngest would have been 23 next month.

Today, we went to church, got a new lawnmower and weedeater on loan from a friend and then organized our garage and cut some grass. Whew. I am ready for a night of this in about 15 minutes.

Seriously, addicted to this show.


And, this week, on Friday morning at 12:01 am, we are going to see this...


AHHHH!! I have been waiting for this moment since last spring, when I read all three novels in a matter of days!

So, onto the blog challenge...

The challenge for today is to write about "a habit I wish I didn't have or something I am looking forward to."

So, I will combine them together. A habit I've had my whole life is prostrastination. This has led to many problems. One problem being money issues. I will ignore something or put it off, not realizing how hard it would be to fix later on in life. Well, this year, it's time to pay the piper. I would love to say that all of the problems we are fixing financially are a result of Jason being laid off and us both being underemployed for a while. But that would be a lie. These problems would have been easily fixed along the way, but my prostrastination is the problem behind the most of the them. So this year, I am looking forward to getting some of these monkeys off my back and taking a next step towards financial freedom and a home of our own in the very near future.

Ok, now it's on to The Walking Dead! Am I the only one watching this show?

Comments

Jamie said…
SO many people are talking about The Walking Dead. I think I HAVE to check it out!

I struggle with procrastination, too! It doesn't make me think about money, but I feel like I'm always stressed out because I wait until the last minute to make things happen! And then I hate myself for doing that to myself. :)

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...