Skip to main content

Day Eight Blog Challenge

T-Minus 15 hours (or so) until THIS


For any of you who are interested, I will absolutely give a full review of the movie tomorrow on my blog.

Ok, blog challege: "What are your short term goals this month and why?"

Well, one of my short term goals was accomplished yesterday...my short term goals always consist of saving money on our monthly budget. Yesterday, I saved us over $175 a month from our cell phone bill! I get GIDDY over saving money.

Basically, I've been with T-Mobile for 10 years. TEN YEARS as of February. That's a LOT of loyalty to a cell phone company. Every couple of years, or so, my bill creeps up for no apparent reason and I have to call them, complain, and they change my plan to a better plan and the bill goes down for a while. They've always been good to me about this. Also, until recently, they had good upgrades for pretty cheap. Lately, their upgrades have been terrible and they've started charging an upgrade fee. They also, recently, outsourced their customer service, which I was upset about, because their customer service was the reason I stayed so long and their willingness to always try and save me money. February, I received my bill and I was furious. My bill started out around $190 and my bill on February had grown to $270. I was so angry! I refused to pay the bill because I wanted them to help me. They'd always done this in the past and this time, they could have cared less. I was on the phone saying, "I've been with you 10 years, how are you so willing to let me cancel my contract after I've paid you tens of thousands of dollars?" Their response was "I'm sorry you feel that way, ma'am."

So, Jason and I spent the day, with our phones shut off while I sat on my principals, to try and find a different phone carrier. Guess what? They are all the same. We couldn't find another cell phone plan that would justify the cost of us canceling our contract early (which wouldn't be up until next August, 2013). So, I relunctently and begrudgingly paid my bill to get my phones turned back on and went on my way. This month, my bill was even higher. "Nope," I said, "This is ridiculous. There has got to be an answer." Well, I came across T-Mobile pre-paid plans. Apparently, pre-paid plans are becoming much more popular because of their ease and lack of fees. I pay $50 for each phone, every month, for unlimited talk, text and web. When I called to cancel my account yesterday, I asked the lady why everyone wouldn't do this? And she couldn't give me an answer. So, we switched. We kept our same phones and our same numbers.

So, short term goals??? This next month, my goal is to get one old bill paid off and to finally paint my bedroom!!

Comments

*Katy* said…
That sounds like an awesome short term goal-paying off one bill at a time.

And my son's Godmother was at the midnight showing of the Hunger Games so hopefully it was a good movie :)

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.