Skip to main content

Really??

***UPDATE - I was informed today by my father that the anniversary of the Titanic is coming up, which is why it is being re-released. So, I stand corrected on this post, but I won't remove it. :-) Anyway, just a little pre-reading reading.***

I was watching TV this morning and of course, saw this commercial come on. I'd seen this advertised before and I thought the same thing when I saw it the first time....

REALLY!?!


In 3D? Really??

It's like we just have to keep re-releasing movies in 3D, just because we have the technology.

Not all movies are meant to be in 3D!! I won't lie to you. Titanic was a big part of my life my senior year. I remember the first time I ever saw it. I was blubbering like a little baby. I came home and I was still blubbering. I had a Leo crush for a long time after that. Still do :-)

And my dad, I will never forget this, told me to go outside and put my arm in our pool as long as I could stand it (It must have been cold outside). He told me that however long I could stand it, the water those people died in was way colder than that, and it really made me realize this movie was not just a movie. People actually died like this. When I saw it the first time, I thought, sure it's a great love story, but it was a great retelling of what actually happened. After that movie, the Titanic was everywhere. And it made you realize that people actually died in the middle of the ocean, with no hope of surviving. And now, because James Cameron doesn't have enough money, I guess, we feel the need to plaster it all over the screens in 3D? What, pray tell, about this movie needs to be seen in the 3d? Excuse my crudeness, but people dropping from the boat, hitting the propeller on the way down and spinning to their death is not exactly my idea of a fun 3D experience.

And Disney keeps re-releasing their movies in 3D. I won't lie, we took the kids to see the Lion King in 3D. It's a good movie, but putting it in 3D did nothing for it, at all.


I mean, movies like Avatar or kids movies like Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, where these movies were made to be in 3D, that's worth it. But when is this going to stop? There are alot of great movies that have been made. Does that mean they all need to be in 3D? When will it stop? Shawshank Redemption? Schindler's List? I am, for one, just kind of tired of them putting these movies out, and it's clearly an effort to make more money out of them.

Now, movies like Star Wars, I can see doing in 3D. Action movies. Jason took Jordan to see the first one that came out and they said it was awesome.


But seriously - Stop the madness!!! Before it's took late! Ha ha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.