Skip to main content

Finding Your Balance

We are all going through a journey in our lives, each and every day. I think about all of the chapters in my past, all of the individual paths I've walked in my life and as I examine them, I realize that most of the time, the reason I struggled so deeply for so long is because I couldn't find a balance in my life. Lately, I've seen that everything in life, from handling obstacles to the choices you make, it's all part of a balance you have to find each and every day. I think God talks alot about that balance in the Bible. I think we have to balance our lives with God, our families, our work, our personal time. There has to be a balance to everything. You have to get equal to what you give, you reep what you sow, you are loved as you love, etc. These are all examples of balance. I feel very "Yin-Yang" right now, as I talk about this, but it's really, really true.

I have started to view life as a great balancing act. When something is off kilter in my life, I try to look at it and figure out what I am unconciously trying to either change or not change. When I am not happy or something feels off, it's because there is an off-balance somewhere in my life. As things happen to you, and life presents itself the way it always seems to, your balance shifts. You have to find a new balance, all the time. This is why, for example, that a diet or an exercise regime that worked for you when you were 24,  doesn't work now that you are 32 with a child and a husband and a full time job.

My balance has been getting better over the last few years. The first step for finding a balance is to realize that it even exists in your life. I think I started giving this alot of thought after I had Avery. I found that I had trouble finding my happiness in my new found roles. I loved my husband, my daughter, my family, and my friends. But it felt like I wasn't balanced and that made me very unhappy. I realized that I needed to find the time for everything. It might not be tons of time all the time, but it was time I found for each thing in my life.

Right now, the thing I am struggling with is balancing the exercise and diet into my life. The problem with me is that I will NOT wake up earlier than I already do to exercise (I already wake up at 5:30!). I won't go right after work and take time away from my child. And I know I won't consistently go after she's gone down, because I still have to clean my house and do laundry and dishes and other things around the house (and have down time!) so I have been struggling with when to fit in exercise. This morning, I figured out that I have about 20 minutes between the time Jason takes Avery to daycare and when I have to get ready for work. Luckily, Netflix now has the entire "10 Minute Solutions" DVDs on Instant Queue, so this morning I was able to fit in 10 minute kickbox bootcamp and 10 minute yoga. Hopefully, this will fit and stick!!! I also get motivated knowing that I don't have to commit an entire hour to it, only 10 minutes. I can do anything for 10 minutes!!! As far as the diet goes, I am still struggling with that one. I have yet to find a good weekly planning guide that allows our family to have easy to make, healthy meals every night of the week. I also hate fruit, so I am working on the sugary snacks that consume me.

Do any of you have any suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.