Skip to main content

Wait and See...

There are some really amazing things happening in our lives, mainly Jason's life, that we will find out about in the next couple weeks. We've known about these things for a while now, so it's been a true test in patience to relax about them and just "wait and see" how they pan out.
 
There have been lots of things in my life that have been a "wait and see" type of thing. We always want to speed up the process, but God is like, "Hold your horses there, missy. Just wait and see what I have for you..."
 
In fact, every major thing to happen in my life, in the last 4 years especially, has been something I've had to wait for. I waited for Jason for a long time, I waited to have a family, I waited to find the right job, I waited to find a great house, and all of those things worked out exactly as they were meant to. So, when it comes to God's timing on things, I never question it anymore. If there is something not happening fast enough for my taste, it just means that either now is not the right time or it's not the right thing at all, and God usually shows me something better.
 
I feel like in order to have full faith in God's timing, you really need to be in tune with God's plan for your life. It's not always easy. Sometimes, situations are presented to you that are tempting but there is a little voice inside of you that says, "this isn't right, don't do this!" A true example of this is several months back, Jason and I were living in that rent house that was a bit small. We were very ready to get into a home that was larger for our family, like, REALLY ready. We would look constantly at websites, drive around to find "for rent" signs, just to find something that would be suitable. We got really close once with a house that a friend was looking to rent out. Now granted, this is after we had toured the house we are currently living in and all houses we looked at didn't compare at all to this one, so maybe we just have a skewed opinion, but when we saw the house, there were things we really liked and things we didn't like. They wanted about $400 a month more in rent than what we were currently paying and they wanted a decision and move in within 30 days, so it was going to have to be really quick. We agonized over this decision for a couple of days. It was so tempting, a newer house in a nicer neighborhood was what we were looking for. But after talking about it with each other, we realized that there was just something about it that didn't seem right. And it was kind of discouraging because we were so ready to move, and this was a way to do it, but it didn't work out. And boy, I am glad it didn't because we would have missed this house had we said yes! 
 
There are a few things about our future that are kind of hindering upon whether or not these things work out. So, instead of making rash decisions about these things, I often have to tell myself, "Jenna, just be patient. You know this will work out, and may even work out better than you think, so just hold on." So much easier said than done. Just be thinking about Jason this week and sending up some prayers for him. I know he is very anxious and excited, so pray for peace! I will keep you posted!

Comments

KCPOLP said…
Amen about Gods timing for everything. I find that's one if my challenges I can be impatient. When I get right down to it I always come back to the fact that it is out if my hands and though God has placed obstacles in my oath before he has never given me reason not to have complete faith in his plan for my life. Hope all works out!

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.