Skip to main content

Weekend Activities

This weekend, we literally were going, going, going all weekend long. This next weekend will be like that as well, I think.

Friday night, we took the kids to the Airhogs game. It was pirate night!





Avery did NOT want to put her head in that thing.




Everyone got a drink and one thing of "junk food" that they wanted. Avery got to eat everything, because she is just that special.



Saturday, Jason and I split up because Jordan had a party at Cosmic Jump. We decided that Avery would have great fun there and that Sophia and I would go do something fun together.
I think Avery LOOOVVEEDDD it. Jason had a hard time getting good pictures, though.


Sophia and I love to go garage sale shopping together. I really like taking her with me, she is great fun! So we did that in the morning and in the afternoon, it was roller skating at Forum Roller World!
I was actually quite impressed at how well it's been kept up over the years. It's not run down on the inside at all, but it still had that same "feel" as it did when we were kids!


I really love hanging out with Sophia. She is really easy going and will try anything. She didn't want to leave for hours. I had fun too, I forgot how much fun it is to just skate and listen to music and be free! She fell down alot in the beginning. I kept asking her if she wanted to leave, to which she would shout a loud "NO! I never give up!" And she didn't. Pretty soon, we was flying around the floor doing jumps!


We spent the rest of the weekend having people over. Great times!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...