Friday, July 27, 2012

You'll never GUESS where I've spent the last two days....

So, this whole week I just felt awful. AWFUL. On Monday, I started feeling like allergies hit me, really hard. Normally, my allergies have been accompanied by a sinus infection, so I didn't really think anything of it when I felt allergies coming on. I hadn't seen Colbi since she got sent home, so I went over to my sisters to see Colbi. I held her (probably shouldn't have) but I did.

 Tuesday afternoon, at work, I just had the feeling I had a fever. Chills, then hot. It was awful. We had all three kids that night, so I went to my room, took Nyquil and went to bed. I had a fever of 102 all night, until it broke in the wee hours.

Wednesday, I was feeling better since my fever broke, but I was coughing all day like crazy. My head really hurt and my glands were swollen. But I didn't have a fever, so I still went to work. That night, I took some cough syrup and went to bed, but I felt awful. I woke up with a fever again, of 101.9, at about 4 am. I was coughing and felt nauseous. I just knew something was wrong. All day, people at work had joked that I might have West Nile (which really isn't all that ridiculous, they have found human cases in GP now). But I was just scared, so I told Jason I thought I should go to the hospital. I was going to go to the doctor that day, but something just didn't feel right.

I got to the ER and they immediately took a bunch of blood because I told them it might be West Nile. But I also told them it might just be a sinus infection. They took swaps of my nose and throat. The doctor came in, immediately ordered a CT scan. Two hours later, I was told I had strep. An hour after that, the CT showed, what the doctor and nurse told me, was one of the worst chronic sinus infections they've ever seen. They told me I should be admitted to start IV antibiotics.

So I spent about 35 hours at the hospital. I really couldn't believe it! For a sinus infection? This has just shown me, that as women, I think we just think we will plow through and not really pay attention to when we are sick. Well, I won't be making that same mistake again. Once I was admitted, and after my first two rounds of antibiotics and some breathing treatments, I felt better. I had my sister, dad and Jason come to see me, but mostly, I was just in the hospital, laying around watching TV. Relaxing. Coughing TONS, sure, a sore throat, yes, and a huge headache, but I was there alone. I didn't like it. For what I probably spent on that visit, I could have had our family at an all inclusive resort in the Bahamas!!

So here I am, at home, with this beauty.

Ugly, but it works.

And we are watching (can you guess from the picture??)

Some of us, for the very first time.

Just eating some popcorn...

That our wonderfully handsome and gifted chef has prepared for us.

and we might enjoy some yummy cookies!

1 comment:

Ally said...

That's really scary. Hope you feel better soon.