Skip to main content

Colbi Morgan Petty Has Made her Debut!

Here is the story, from Brooke's blog post...

My sweet girl arrived at 1:06pm on 7/19/12 weighing a whopping 7lbs. 13oz. and 21 inches long. I still can't believe she's here and I'm a Mom! That's insane!!!





We did have a bit of hard delivery as she had a bowl movement before she came out and is in now in the NICU because she then inhaled it into her lungs. Colbi is a trooper and doing well though, she is on a CPap and antibiotics (sidenote update: Brooke just text me and told me she is no longer using the CPAP! Yay!). Hopefully, she will able to come home within a week. Maybe say a little prayer for us? I'm so sad at the thought of not being able to take her home but it's for the best.

The birthing experience is one of the craziest, most beautiful, hardest, most rewarding, emotional things ever. I will never forget the moment she entered this world and what that felt like. I'm so thankful God blessed me with this experience and my beautiful daughter. I pray that she heals and that Gods hands are on her. I'm waiting to be able to hold her!

My husband could not have been or can not be any better. I am so blessed and grateful to have such a loving man. He has been just awesome through everything and is doing great at helping me with recovery. I was truly given a gift the day I married him and even now, he has given me the greatest gift of all.

Thank you to all who are and have been praying for us. I know Colbi is doing well because of all of you! We can't not say enough thanks for it!!!!

Comments

Jennifer said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said…
Jenna- I am praying for your entire family! Being that I was a mom of a NICU baby I know how stressful and crazy it can be. Stay strong for your sister and niece and let God guide you. My faith and marriage grew stronger due to the back and forth trips to the NICU. Prays for you, Brooke, Colbi and the entire Pecor family.

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.