Skip to main content

Vacation Trip

So, this will be the first week Jason and I have ever had off together. And it's over already! Boo! Anyway, we went to Broken Bow, OK and stayed with Jason's family. I am only posting a few pictures because Faith and Shari took so many....

The house was really nice. There were 13 of us total and only 3 rooms, but the rooms were really big and had big beds in them. They were also seperated from each other, which helped the kids not to wake each other up. It was on a ranch, so there was lots of land for them to explore and run around on. There was also tons of bugs and snakes. The last day, as we were leaving, we found a copperhead coiled up on the firewood. Had I seen that the first day, I don't know that I would have let the kids roam so freely. (not that Avery did, anyway). There was also a creek the ran in the back of the house that was full of crawfish and minnows that the kids just couldn't stay out of.






We got a chance to get a pontoon boat and go out and tube. It was great fun. It rained twice while we were out on the boat, which was an adventure, for sure. The lake was really pretty and deep, which made it bluer and not so brown like lakes in DFW. Avery loved being on the boat. She would sit at the very front when we were going and say "WEE!"





There are 7 cousins, 5 boys and 2 girls. I am glad Avery came along. I think Sophia sometimes feels left out and the boys play rough with her at times, so Sophia cries alot when they are around. She gets upset that they won't play girl games and that they hit and push her around, like they do with each other. She is tough, but I could understand how that would be hard.


I did love going five days with not knowing what time it was, most of the time. However, vacations with kids really aren't that relaxing. Maybe someday, we'll get a real relaxing vacation, but for now, this trip was pretty good!

Comments

teacherjanet said…
Looks like fun! I love Broken Bow! It is really pretty in fall by the way when the leaves change and makes a nice little weekend getaway!

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.