Skip to main content

Jordan's 9th Birthday

Today is Jordan's 9th Birthday!! He is such a young man now. I believe the expression is "tween." He was only turning 7 when I first met him and he has changed, so much!!

Jordan is such a unique kid. He is very sensitive and very smart! He loves swords, ninjas, guns, Nerf stuff, LEGOS, LEGOS and LEGOS. He is very creative and loves to create things, whether it be drawing or building. Jordan is great at science!! He loves to solve problems when it comes to science.

Jordan is a kid who has had a lot happen to him in his life and done a pretty good job of adapting. He still has a great sense of humor and still is so loving to all of us. He is very energetic and is definitely the first kid, cause he loves attention and loves to talk! (Who else does that sound like???) He has grown so much since I've known him and have really enjoyed being a part of his life.

We let him pick where he wanted to go, and I was excited when he said Amazing Jakes! I LOVE that place. I honestly despise Chuck E Cheese after I went here last year because I realize how much more value it is at Amazing Jakes. If you want to read my last entry on
mazing Jakes, click here. I would have taken more pictures of Jordan, but since we went so early and beat the crowd, him and three other kids literally played laser tag for an hour and half straight. Soph learned that she really loves to rock climb. She didn't make it up to the top, but she did go four times and got higher and higer each time. Jason even joined in on the fun!! We sat in the movie room, which had 3 big screens and they played Toy Story 2 (on repeat, so I am glad its a movie I loved because I sat in there for about an hour with Avery as she took a nap!) Once again, we just had plain old cupcakes because the kids don't really have a party with us and they barely notice the cupcakes we get them, much less a cake.

Happy Birthday, Jordan!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Comments

Sally said…
What a fun place! I wish we had one of those in our area. I'm a new follower and I had a blast going back and reading through some of your previous posts. You're so honest, and that makes you "real". Can't wait to keep reading!
Sally, thank you so much for visiting! I hope you stay with me!!!

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.