Skip to main content

Temper Tantrums, Boy Oh Boy! (Or, Girl Oh Girl...)

Isn't she adorable when she's sleeping?
 

This child. This tornado of a child.
 
These were her mood swings, and this only describes about 10 minutes: She didn't want an apple. She did want an apple. She didn't want to ask nicely for a piece of apple. She wanted applesauce. She wanted apple juice. She didn't want apple juice. She wanted to feed herself applesauce. She spilled applesauce. She couldn't get applesauce off her hand. Bella licked applesauce off her hand. She had to go potty. She didn't want to go potty. She wanted to jump. She didn't want to jump. She was mad she couldn't jump higher than she could jump. She hurt her foot jumping. She wanted to watch Tangled. She didn't want to watch Tangled. She wanted to watch Tangled and Shrek at the same time. She only wanted to watch a minute of both, then came to jump on me. She was mad I wouldn't let her jump on me. Any of these small things could result in a massive, oversized, kicking and screaming tantrum. We had three today, a new Avery record.
 
Jason just sat and watched her and looked at me and said, "I have never had a child throw a fit like this. Not once." I said, "You've never had one of your children be the daughter of Jenna Pecor." He laughed and so did I. It was all we could do, as Avery sat and stomped her feet and her face turned red and she threw herself on the ground. And then, it was done. The epicenter of the tornado, then the calm after the storm.
 
 
Yeah, this pretty much sums it up. Avery just as happy as can be, and Jason just, well, just sitting in disbelief.
 
Sigh. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

 

Comments

Tracy said…
Ohhh!! That stage can be fun. =) My 3 year old can be that way, but the closer she gets to 4, the less and less it happens.
Oh that's good to hear. Avery is 2 and a half, they are just now starting to rev up. Ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...