Skip to main content

Inspire Us Tuesdays - Womanly Influence

Welcome to Tuesday! Since it is Tuesday, we will be talking about our next "Inspire Us Tuesdays" topic: The Womanly Influence: What woman has been your biggest influence of your Christian walk and how? OR, what woman do you turn to when you need guidance or Christian encouragement?

I would say that the answer to this question, for me, is that there is no one in particular I turn to for Christian guidance, I feel like I turn to alot of different women whom God places in my path. I have been fortunate enough in my life to be loved on by so many women of faith, who've loved my family and looked out for us in so many ways. I feel like God surrounds me with Godly women at work, at church, and in places we've lived in the last few years, almost as protection. You know, sometimes when you open your eyes and let God take care of you, you would find Godly women in the strangest of places.

I really try and seek out women, and open my eyes and heart to women, that God has put in my life. I am a believer that we can't get through this life alone (I guess we can, but who would want to?) so I try to surround myself with as many encouraging and inspirational women I can find. I especially appreciate the thoughts and sentiment of women with grown children, like my mom, who have lived through children and can offer me snippits of wisdom when dealing with my own kids. I also find that women who have "been there, done that" seem to really make sure I know not to sweat the small stuff, that everything really will be ok, and to appreciate all of these little annoying times in life because it all passes by so quickly.

I think in order to have women influence you, you have to willing to be influenced. Sometimes, that's not always easy. In church on Sunday, a woman who just went to Africa was talking about being a moldable lump of clay and allowing God to mold you how He sees fit. I believe that He does this by people in our lives and situations he puts us in. It's really up to us to have our eyes and hearts open to these people and situations and allow God to work through them with us.

What about you - Has there been a woman in particular who has influenced you in your walk with God? I would love to hear about her!
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...