Skip to main content

IBC Reunion

In the last 15 years, our class of people from church have gotten together to reminisce. It was really just any of the girls in our group of friends that could come. Over the years, it grew to guys also (just because we married a couple of them, ha ha). Well, we started having kids and those get togethers slowed to nothing. Four years ago was the last time we've all gotten together. I called up my friend Tanna and said, "We really need to get together again." She said, " I was just thinking the same thing the other day! I can get a bounce house and we can have it at my house.." then we decided on a date, and put an invitation out of Facebook. Then, we decided to spread the word to any other youth that might like to come. Then, we decided to spread the word to any of our leaders, Sunday school teachers, parents, or D-Now host homes that wanted to come. Within minutes, the invite spread to over 90 people! We've decided to make this either a yearly or semi-yearly get together. Next time, though, we will spread the word a little better. I think there are alot of people who don't check their invites and didn't even realize we had this today...as I saw 57 people who still hadn't RSVPd. I say this because those of you who are reading this and don't know why you didn't know about this, it's probably because I didn't make sure to call you up and talk to you after I hadn't heard from you. Let me know if you'd like to be on the next invite list and we will make sure to give you the details!
 
Anyway, it was an absolutely gorgeous day today. We had SOOO many kiddos there, it was so wonderful to see how families have grown and see us all as parents. Such a wonderful time of togetherness!
 
Tanna, I am borrowing pictures from your Facebook page!
 
This was me after looking in Brittany's scrapbook album about pictures of us in middle or high school in our bikinis. Yeah, I am so glad we didn't have social networking sites back in those days and that they are safely tucked in the confines of her house.
 
 
Everyone who came

 


 
We tried to get the to put their arms around each other, like we did. But, to no avail.

 
I only posted pictures that had Jason or I in them. I am going to try and set up a Facebook account that has them all in there where they are easily accessible.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...