Skip to main content

Just A Little Photo Shoot

This dress is a hand-me-down and I am glad I finally put it on her - the back would barely button!!! I just couldn't resist taking some pictures this morning. I go a little nuts if I haven't taken a picture of her in a few days.

I feel bad for Sophia - poor thing was second born so there are a multitude of pictures of Jordan and Avery, but not many of Sophia as a baby. I have a lot of her now, but not many of her as a baby. I am glad Jason was able to take alot of those pictures of the kids with him to our house. Call me crazy, I even insisted on keeping his wedding album from his first marriage. She didn't want it and neither did he. But one day, Sophia looked at it and said, "Daddy, you were married to my mom?" And it made me sad. I want them to know that at one time, their mommy and daddy were happy and that they were married. The kids were 4 and 1 when Jason and Kristin got divorced and Jordan remembers a little of them being married, but Soph remembers nothing. We also kept an album of one of their vacations. It's just important to me that they can see some of their history at our house, and that includes their mom and their dad, together.

HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!!!!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Jenna- not only are you a terrific mom to Avery but you are a fantastic step-mom to Sophia and Jordan. I wish Aubrianna's step-mom was a great as you. She is the true definition of a step child at her dad's house. I kept my wedding album and Aubrianna loves looking at it. She was 2 1/2 when she dad and I divorced so she remembers nothing as well. Its important to me that she understands her dad I did love each other and we loved being her family. Her step-mom doesn't allow her to have photos of her brother and sister nor is she allowed to talk about them in their house! I applauded you on a job well done!!
*Katy* said…
First off-she's just plain ADORABLE!

Second off-you have NO idea how much those pictures will mean to the two older children when they're older. My husband's parents had a NASTY divorce when he was little-and without going into too much detail, there is NOTHING of the two of them together except a few baby pictures of him. When we found those baby pictures he got all teary-eyed and said to me, "look, they really were happy with each other"...it made me CRY! They divorced when he was 5 and he said all he can remember is his mother screaming and slamming doors a lot. I think you are an incredibly strong woman for doing this for your step-children!
Nicole said…
Your daughter is adorable. I think it's great that you saved the photos of the kiddos' parents together. My parents got divorced when I was 16. I am really happy that their wedding photos still exist and I have them to keep.
Thank you all for the kind words - I do my best. Sometimes, I feel like I make so many mistakes as a step-mom! But I guess we all do the best we can, you know!!!
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...