Skip to main content

It's FINALLY falling into place!!!!

Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE this face? This face makes me smile, and laugh, and happy every time I see it.




 
So, I also mentioned I was redoing these old scratched wall art pieces from this:


to this!


It's not quite done, but you see where I am going. I will be outlining the white with black tonight. These are also the colors I will be repainting the furniture in the living room. Loving the pop of the white off that brown color!!!

So, I mentioned yesterday about our plans for a house. This has made me think lately about God's plan. I love it when I start to see God's plans fall into place. I am finally at a place where I can look back and see how He has worked things out. Now that our financial life is changing a little bit, I can see why He did what He did in our life and why we have spent the last couple of years with the struggles we have had.

1. Jason lost his job last January. He has been in sales for a long time, and he will be the first to tell you that he didn't have a great work ethic, nor did he put in alot of effort into his job. I think he took alot of things about sales for granted, like not having to work behind a desk, making commission for hard work, and being able to get off work before 5. Not that losing his job was his fault per se, but I do think that God needed to remind him of a few things. When he got hired as a call center manager, making very little money and working in an office from 7:30 to 5:30 everyday, he would tell me how much he missed sales. But he was learning what it is like to be a manager of other people. He was learning how it feels to have someone who could do so much better but is lazy. I think he really appreciates his job now. And he works very hard at it. And his hard work is really paying off.

2. Without being broke, I would have never learned to cook or redo furniture and decorate. I have learned these things out of necessity. I feel like if we'd had money, there would have been alot of premade food and going out to eat. I also think I would have just replaced something instead of making an old thing new. And I really, really enjoy doing this stuff now. I love making things. I love looking at something and knowing that I worked to make it look like that. I love making dinner for my family and knowing what I could do with even the simplest of ingredients. I would have totally missed out on that life lesson!

3. I would never know how much I could handle and how much I could survive if we hadn't been broke all this time. The benefit of having nothing is that you have nothing to lose. You also know that if you've been broke once, you can be broke again and feel like you can handle it. I think if I had alot of nice things and a great big house and a brand new car and lived with alot of debt, I would spend my life worried to death about losing my job or losing my stuff. At this point, I know that "stuff" is all fleeting, things can always change, and not to get in too deep. I also know that if I had to be broke again, I could do it. So it doesn't terrify me too much.

4. I slashed my salary in half to work where I work now. Basically, after day care, there isn't too much leftover. There is enough to justify me working, but not much more than to just cover things we need. HOWEVER, if the day comes where I might want to stay home with Avery, losing my salary wouldn't be much of a sacrifice. Since we live life without alot of monthly bills, I feel like if Jason could just make enough to cover my salary, I could easily be home with her. And the thing is, it wouldn't be much of a sacrifice. If I was making what I was making, I think it would be VERY hard to decide to stay home because of all of the money we'd be missing out on every month. Actually, being at home with her wouldn't even be an option because we would have probably gotten a brand new car with a big payment, cable, I would have been getting my hair done and nails and tanning all of this time, and it would be a sacrifice, a big sacrifice, to not have those things anymore. I am very glad God has prepared my heart to really want to stay home with her. Actually, let me rephrase. I have my real estate license but have never been able to do it full time because I couldn't NOT have income. But hopefully, if all things work out, I can do this at some point, still have a job, just one that allows more flexibility. I absolutely do not want to miss out on my daughter's life. I just don't. So I am glad this opportunity will be presenting itself in the future.

All things work the way God wants them to. But God also hears the desires of your heart. He will give you what you want, sometimes, you have just have to wait a little while for it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.