Skip to main content

Dependancy And Credit Reports

As of July 1st, there will be something in my life that is going to happen that has never happened to me before.

I will be covered on someone else's health insurance.

I know, it seems like such a strange thing to think about, but ever since I've been an adult who has been able to work and been out of college, I have always been on my own plan. Even at my last job, the kids and Jason were on my plan. Well, that will be changing and it is kind of weird for me.


Have you ever had moment's where you just see your life change? This is one for me. I know - I've been married for 15 months, why is it weird now to be dependant on my husband for something like this? I guess it is just because I have always worked, always taken care of myself. But now, I am depending on someone else to take care of that part of my life.

As I go through this process of purchasing a home and fixing financial things and paying things off and setting us up for financial success, I just see us getting one step closer to a life we really want and while it is exciting, it is also a bit nerve wracking. After all of these things are said and done, I might actually be able to have a job or a life that I really WANT - one where there is a happy balance between working and spending time with my daughter. There is a part of me that wants to stay at home with her but another part that wants to keep working. I have never had the option of working part time, but hopefully, after everything, I can have that option. Nothing that is super stressful, just something to get me out of the house and use my brain in a different way, but something I can work other schedules around. I want to be available if my daughter has school activities or field trips, if we just want to spend a weekday together at some point, to go eat lunch with her at school, or to pick her up from school. I want to spend more than 3 hours of waking time a day with her. But I also, for her sake, want her to be around other kids some during the week, to get used to going to school or taking direction from other adults.

In other news - did you know that a library book can go to collections and on to your credit report? Well, I am here to tell you, people. It can. And it did. I found this lovely addition to my credit report the other week while pulling my credit. I was like, what the...??? That is the kind of dumb stuff I found on my credit. A $74 bill here, a bunch of things that have been paid but not shown as paid. It's all just translating into time I have to spend calling and writing letters to get things removed. It is a pain. If you haven't in a while, please pull your credit. I never would have known these things were even on there. Oh, and another thing, why is it that everyone tells you NOT to get into credit card debt, credit cards are the devil, etc, but now, because my car is paid off and I will need recent payment history in 6 months when the time comes to get approved for a mortgage, I have to get a credit card? It's dumb. It's really really dumb. Well, Mastercard, get ready for your $1 a month interest baby!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.