Skip to main content

The Walking Dead - Four Episodes Deep and I Can't Get Enough

(source: therealmcast.com)
 
I just can't wait for this show to come on each week. It's really my guilty pleasure and I absolutely love it. This season, my slight obsession is still going strong and it's been such a good four episodes thus far.
 
So, just a little recap of where we are going in to tonight's episode (if you have anything DVR'd, this will contain spoilers!)
 
-Daryl, Machone, Tyrese and alcoholic-guy-who-is-willing-to-get-everyone-killed-for-a-liter-of-liquor are still in a little danger and are unsure if they will get back to the prison in time with the meds to save their friends.
 
-The last we saw the prison, Hershel was giving everyone herbal treatments in hopes it will help treat the infection and buy everyone a little more time.
 
-Not one word has been said of the Governor thus far.
 
-As of two episodes ago, we heard what sounded like a radio signal. We also saw hundreds of walkers that had completely blocked the road out.
 
-Rick totally bypassed everyone else's opinion on the matter and left Carol to fend for herself in the middle of a suburban neighborhood for murdering two people at the prison infected with the mysterious virus.
 
Have I mentioned I love this show??
 
I know the whole Team Rick/Team Carol thing had all of us fans split all week, but I thought this was yet another genius move on behalf of the writing staff. This show works so well because you just never know what is going to happen. I didn't see that coming the whole episode, and I personally think Rick decided to leave her right at the very last minute himself. Genius. And I don't think we've seen the last of her, either.
 
I am really curious how Rick is going to communicate her absence at the prison upon his return. He could easily say she was attacked or lost and not own up to the fact that he was the one who did it. Although, it would be a really interesting storyline to see how Daryl would handle Rick's decision to dump his kind-of-sort-of love interest on the side of the road. Although, in this last episode, I kind of saw some sparks fly between Daryl and Machone, am I wrong? I love Daryl but not sure how much I'd love him as one-half of a love story.
 
So, at this point, we only have a few characters remaining from season one - Hershel, his two daughters, Rick, Carl and Glen. Right now, they are kind of running out of characters to kill off and haven't really given us many new characters to root for. I've heard Tyreese in the comics is some sort of bad-mamma-jamma, but so far, all I've seen is a timid, emotional wreck of a guy, not really anything I've liked about him. And that weasily alcoholic guy, there is nothing about him that is interesting to me now.
 
I am kind of interested in seeing something else happen with the actual walkers and some sort of story line involving other survivors. That radio signal really had me interested and now I'd like to see if there are any others out there. Hopefully, we will see that soon.
 
30 more minutes, pretty stoked!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.