Skip to main content

Cindy Tamplin Tea 2014

Saturday was the Cindy Tamplin Memorial Tea. This is the 14th year, which means I've been going since I was 19. Every year, this tea has meant the start of the holiday season for my family. I remember going all those years during my 20's, watching people come get married and have babies, not being super interested in charity, not appreciating what my mom and her friends were really doing and the work that went in to this event. This year, God has put the opportunity in my life to do more charitable work than I have in the rest of my life combined and I am so glad I got a glimpse into how much planning and work something like this takes.
 
I saw those lollipops at Hobby Lobby one day and was inspired to do a fun, candy or "sugarplum" table and have a plate for all of my kids and nieces and nephews. Either that, or I've seen Wreck It Ralph one too many times and was inspired by Venelope Von Schweetz.
All of the kids that came couldn't wait to get their hands on those cookies, marshmellows, and cupcakes. I had a free for all after the event was over. :-)
 




This year's tea was also the first without our beautiful Miss Kay.

 
My mom's table

 
 
My sister's table

 
They are still taking your donation as well! Melissa Tamplin is auctioning off a trip to New York, which includes the lodging and airfare. For $25, you get entered for a chance to win!! Drawing will be December 8th, raffle stops December 6th. Make your $25 count today by allowing it to be used for a very good cause!!
 
Visit http://www.brightertomorrows.net/ to buy a ticket.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That "Thing" in That Basket Isn't a Baby, You Know That, Right?

I have had the most horrible case of writer's block lately! With that said, I saw this article on Babycenter and I just had to write something about it.   So, we've heard of the trend of eating the placenta after birth . We've heard of the trend of putting them in pill form to get the nutrients . But this? This to me, is just the craziest of them all.   As a group of beings on this planet, I've never seen any other mammal who evolves to get to a certain place, then de-evolves on purpose, to be more "natural." I am sure I am seriously about to put my foot in my mouth, I am sure there are (some) people out there that I might offend with my "closed-mindedness" on this topic. But this is just, well, ridiculous to me.   Basically, after the placenta comes out, instead of cutting the cord and detaching it from the baby, you leave the placenta on, they salt it to help with the decomp process, add rosemary (I am guessing for the smell?), then p...

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst...

Why I am Pro Universal Healthcare and Changes to Our Healthcare System

Due to my recent proactivity with my credit and paying off debt, I decided to give the hospital a call where I was admitted about a month ago and ask about my bill. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss it in the mail and I wanted to get an idea of what I'd be paying for my stay. I get on the phone with the billing department and the woman is just as nice as can be, really. She was surprised I'd even called her, considering I didn't even have a bill yet. She told me she'd sent the bill over to my insurance to be approved and paid but they hadn't heard back yet. "Just out of curiosity," I asked, knowing I would be responsible for 20% of the final bill, "how much was it?" What I heard next shocked me.   "$61,000" she said.   I said, "$61,000? I was only in the hospital for a night and only on anti-biotics, you can't be serious! My daughter cost me less than a third of that to give birth to and I was in the hospital two nights!...