Skip to main content

Show Us Your Life - Your Church

On Kelly's Korner, the post today is Show Us Your Church. I had another blog all ready for today, but I really would like to participate in this one.



I attend Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, TX. I know, I know. A mega church, God's stadium, I've heard it called a millio n things. But really, its a very small church feel once you actually get involved. When Jason and I were looking for places to attend, we tried about 3 and none really seemed to fit. I have tried churches in the past and I have realized that I really like a "traditional" church more than I thought. By that, I mean a choir, singing songs that include the congregation in the worship, having a pastor who knows the Bible and having a church that is not wishy-washy on their beliefs.

I have always wanted to be a part of church choir and it's kind of amazing to me how many churches don't have them anymore. I just kind of felt like with a worship team, it was more like a concert I was listening to instead of something I could participate in. But at Prestonwood, every Sunday, the songs move me. They have a choir of over 500 people and it is unbelievable. I recently joined this year and last sunday was my first time to actually be up there, helping to lead my church in worship to the Lord. It was such a great thing to be involved in.

Prestonwood encourages Bible Study and always has groups and conferences for their members to be involved in. They also encourage witnessing and talk a great deal about telling people about Jesus. They believe in the Bible. Period. They don't make excuses or amends on stances that they take on issues that might be controversial, and I really like that.

I love that if you want to do it, there is a place for you. I want to eventually work with the youth, with the pregnancy center, and will be starting in the nursery on Sunday. It's great to serve in those ways...I might not have a lot of money to give, but I can be of service there. I am really starting to meet some great people there and I have been blessed in many ways after attending this church. It's wonderful to watch what God will do when you follow His lead! I never thought this church would fit, but God sure did! If you are in the Dallas area and would like to come visit, let me know, I would love to meet you!!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Comments

I popped over from Kelly's Korner, and I used to not only go to Prestonwood, but I worked in the music ministry under Todd! I loved Prestonwood, and I really miss it! We ended up having to move to another country, which is why we left. Just wanted to say "hi!"
Kate said…
I haven't been to a service at your church but I have been inside. (Some friends of ours work with college students there.) It seems like a great church!
Amanda said…
hello! i am visiting your blog from kelly's blog. i just wanted to say hi and tell you that my husband and i visited prestonwood last sunday! we were traveling through going to a conference at southwestern seminary. we absolutely LOVED your church!!!! if we lived in texas...i'm sure we would attend there. everyone was soooo friendly, even though it was a huge church. we loved the sunday school class we visited too. oh and i loved the music and choir! just wanted to share that with you. it's neat to be able to visit other churches and know i have sisters in Christ all over! :)
Thank you all so much for visiting my blog! Amanda, you should have told me you were coming, I would have loved to have met you! I am so glad you got to visit our "small" church!

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.