Skip to main content

My Weight Milestones

Before Jason and I started dating, I'd never really had to lose weight. At one point in my life, I did lose a lot of weight, not because I had to, but because I was depressed and going through a guy-thing and ended up losing about 30 pounds, which at the time, put me right about 127 pounds. I am almost 5'10. I'll just say, that wasn't a healthy weight. I never want to be that small again. I looked emaciated, and I was, because I working out all the time and barely eating anything. So, I gained about 20 pounds and was happy right at that weight. I didn't have to do a ton of stuff to maintain that weight, I was after all, 25.
 
Well, now, I am 34, and to the point where I really have to lose some weight. I never thought I would be at a place in my life where losing weight was really necessary, but at this point, it really is. In September, I had somehow gained 20 pounds and was about 6 pounds away from my heighest pregnancy weight. When I saw that, it broke my heart. I just couldn't believe I'd let myself get so big. I am not one of those women who scrutinized myself in the mirror and hate the way I look. I'd have good days and bad days, but I felt like when I looked at myself, I looked like a women, a women in her 30's, and a women who'd had a child. So, I guess I didn't see myself as getting bigger until I stepped on that scale and when I looked at pictures of myself. I knew at that point, I had to do something about it.
 
At this point, I have three milestone weightloss goals. I have the weight I was when I met Jason, the weight I was at my wedding and how much I weighed when I got pregnant (which was about 11 pounds heavier and both the same number), and the lowest I've weighed after I had Avery. Basically, I gained 11 pounds from when I met Jason to my wedding, I gained 40 pounds during my pregnancy, and after I had Avery, I lost 30 pounds, which was 10 pounds more than I was when I was pregnant.
 
Right now, I am about 10 pounds away from my first weight milestone, my lowest post-pregnancy weight. I am pretty excited about that one. Eventually, I'd like to get down to 5 pounds less than what I was when I first met Jason, which means I have about 35 pounds more to lose. That would put me right at the median healthy weight for my height, and right back into a size 8, which would make me ecstatic.
 
I am having a lot of fun working out this week, and I am actually doing it, which is astonishing. I haven't been this disciplined in over 5 years. When I get past that first hurdle, it's going to be amazing!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.