Skip to main content

Emotional Rollercoaster

I saw two movies the last two nights that sent me over the emotional edge.

First, it was The Help.


The second was War Horse.


Ok, I will start by saying I don't usually cry in movies. But both of these had me blubbering like a baby. I was hesitant to see The Help as I don't usually like movies about the Civil Rights Movement. They make me way to angry about things that went on. It's ridiculous what we did to people in this country leading up to and during this time in our history. But so many people said it was good, and my mother in law insisted that we rent it. It was good. It was really good. But it made me angry also. I just find it appalling that these people allowed African American women to raise their children but not use their bathroom. But at least it ended good with the bad person getting her come-uppance!

War Horse was one I knew nothing about. I should have guessed it was sad. But I wasn't prepared for the level of emotions this movie was about to subject me to. I had to get up a couple of times I leave because I couldn't take it. I told Shari that she was no longer allowed to pick movies and that we would be watching nothing but happy kids movies for the next few days. War Horse was good though. Very good. Just hard to watch. I don't think since Passion for the Christ have I cried as hard during a movie. But I will tell you, movies about animals like this get me every time. This isn't a movie about animal mistreatment at all, just a movie about war and what was required of horses during the first World War. And this horse was spectacular. They called it the Miraculous Horse and he was. It has a good ending, just in case you were wondering.


This little stinker is getting teeth numbers 15 and 16, the top two sharp teeth. (I think they are called canines.) This has been the worst of all 16 of them. She is cranky, isn't getting much sleep, and inconsolable lately! I feel so bad for her because I know she isn't feeling well. We tried teething tablets, which work OK, but last night I gave her a little Tylenol which seemed to help. She actually slept through the night, which is good. But I will say she is getting more willful now! She knows what "no" means and will sometimes just look at you with these eyes when you tell her "no no" and do whatever it is anyway. Little stinker. She also doesn't want to go down at night as easily because now she knows she is missing out.



We took her to Christmas Eve service and during the whole sermon, she wanted to walk around. I took her behind the worship center into some hallways with lots of stairs. That little stinker climbed up two flights of steps several times! This was the first I've seen her climb steps. Scary!! She seemed to be pretty proud of herself.


This was the first month I haven't done "month" pictures. I just don't feel the need to keep doing 13 months, 14 months, etc. I will do 18 months and two years and some informal in between. She is getting too big too fast!!!


I love this little munchkin!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.