I still cannot believe that my daughter is going to be one. It feels like yesterday that I was at the hospital! So I decided to check my blog to see what I had going on at this time last year...
Well, I started having contractions this last weekend. They were very few and far between, but they started. On Monday at work, they started coming more often and closer together. After a few hours, they just stopped. Today they started again. This time, they were stronger and closer together. About 4, they were 3 to 5 minutes apart. On the way home, we decided to go to the hospital. On the way, the contractions got farther apart until they just went away. So, we just stayed home. This childbirth stuff is really annoying, I must say. I will keep you all updated!!
For all of you moms who have little babies or the moms who are pregnant, or the ones who are thinking about getting pregnant, here are my words of advice from what I've learned over the last year.
1. Even though it might not always be in their best interest, rock them as much as you can. There will come a time, very quickly, that they won't let you rock them anymore. I am so glad that every time I had an opportunity to rock Avery, I took it. Well, not every time, because she wouldn't be able to fall asleep on her own now. But as many times as I could, I did.
2. Take pictures, as much as you can. That first year, you will be amazed at how much they grow. And all of those pictures will start to mean so much to you.
3. Don't try to make them grow up too fast. Don't be one of those mothers who always says, "My daughter/son did this already!" I tried not to do that because every baby grows in their own way, at their own time.
4. Never forget, even when you are tired and wished that you could have a moment to yourself, that this too shall pass and you will actually miss those times that your baby needed you.
5. You will never get these moments back so take advantage of them as much as you can.
What thoughts do you have to share?