Skip to main content

The Shoes Were Made For Walkin'

So, I told you Avery is walking. Everywhere. All the time. She just wants to go, go, go!





Avery is becoming a stubborn little stinker! She is harder and harder to control as she gets older. She wants what she wants when she wants it! She knows "no," but it doesn't always mean she listens to us. Luckily, we both mean "no" when we say it and know that now is a very important time when it comes to her understanding that we mean business so we stick to our guns!

She is very determined. She doesn't quit if she falls down or if something doesn't work the first time. She keeps on trying! That is a good trait. Obviously, she was doing everything earlier than we thought she would so she is a kid who really wanted to get around and get in the mix.

I think her appetite is changing. Apparently, at 12 months, their growth starts to slow down, as does their appetite. I've noticed the last couple of days that she's refused food. She will eat some, but when she's done, she's done. I've also read not to force them to eat if they aren't hungry, so I am not too concerned. She has also been waking up in the middle of the night again. Some of it might have to do with a new house, but I think it more has to do with the fact she is walking. I have read that their minds are always going once they are walking. I've also heard that around this age, they start to think more (in a different way), dream more, and they don't want to miss ANYTHING so they will wake up more often. It's just changing we are getting used to.

She loves to talk. She can say "mama" and "dada" and use it in the right context, she can say "baby," "bubba," "uh oh," "ouch," and "hi." She waves when it's time to wave. We will say, "Where's Avery?" and she will pat her belly. She loves to read books, she loves to play with toys. Now, when she walks, she will carry her favorite toys with her. And heaven forbid you take them away! Her favorites are Jordan's transformer, a Barbie, and her baby dolls. She will pick up random objects too, like hangers, spoons, things like that.

She is so fun! I love that she is starting to really understand and play back. Such a fun time in her life!

Comments

*Katy* said…
oh my goodness! what a BIG girl!

I've never heard that about the slowing down on eating...but we're just beginning on the "food" journey! I'm going to have to start reading up on what happens next!

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.