Skip to main content

Avery's One Year Pictures

Avery is one year old today. I still can't believe that it's been a year already. It feels like it's gone by so fast, but it's been such a great year.

Whenever I look at Avery, all I can think is "God's Grace." With all I've done in my life, I didn't deserve such a great blessing in her. But God blessed me anyway and trusted me with the greatest daughter in the world. She is such a huge joy in my life. So beautiful, so smart. I am such a lucky woman to have her in my life.



Avery, you are so smart. You started walking about three weeks ago and haven't looked back since! Your favorite thing to do is pick up something in both hands and just carry it around the house. You also love to take things out of other things - like folded clothes in drawers, toys in boxes - or take things off other things - like remotes off coffee tables, or anything else you can get ahold of.


You can say alot of words now and love to copy us. If we tell you to say something, you almost always try to say it, even if it's not perfect. You can say puppy, doggy, poppy, mommy, daddy, cookie, one, OK, uh oh, and many other words. I would say that know what all of these words mean now, too. You can point to your nose, your head and yourself. You can tell us what a monkey says (ooo-ooo) and a bee says.

You will pick out books and walk to us to read to you, especially your Gigi and Pops.

You love LOVE Elmo. You are starting to also love Mickey Mouse.

You will still eat anything we give you, except your babysitter says you hate mandorin oranges. I do too, which is probably why I've never had you try them. Bad mommy!



You are wearing anywhere between 18-24 month clothes and a size 4 diaper. You also wear a size 4 shoe. I would guess you are about 24-25 pounds. You are very tall, even your babysitter says so. This is not a surprise to any of us.

You still have 12 teeth, which includes all of your 2 year old molars. You can pretty much eat anything!


You are always on the move and you always get up when you fall down, which I love about you. You never even cry most of the time.

You have the best daddy who loves you so, so much. He loves to play with you and teach you new things. He tries to either teach you something new every day or get you to try something new everyday. You are so lucky to have such an amazing dad. And I know because I have a pretty great one myself.

Your Gigi and Pops love you so much. They see you every morning and love every minute they get to spend with you. Your Gigi has had new clothes for you ever since before you were born and that hasn't stopped to this day. Your Pops is itching to get you to the convenient store to buy you candy, just like my Pappaw used to do with me. He even sneaks you a couple swigs of soda now and again. Which is fine, as long as I don't see it. Your Gigi loves to take your picture in cute bows and frilly tutus. And she loves to show you off.

Your Aunt Leslie and Aunt Brooke love you so, so much. They get to see you alot more now that we've moved closer to them. Every chance they get, they come and see you. One of these days very soon, I have a feeling you will be spending more time with them. They both want to take you for a day and hang out with the coolest little girl!

I am so happy to have watched you turn 1.

Here you are when you were first born...


One Month...


Two Months...


Three Months...


Four Months...


Five Months...


Six Months...


Seven Months...


Eight Months...


Nine Months...


Ten Months...


Eleven Months...


One Year...



I love you, Avery Grace, and I am looking forward to the next chapter and watching you grow!

Comments

teacherjanet said…
SHe is so cute! I love seeing all the pictures from the last year! I still can't beleive how many teeth she has. Bailey still doesn't have all her teeth and she will be 3 next month! HA!

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.