Skip to main content

Avery's First Birthday Party, Part One

I am naming this part one because I know there are going to be many more pictures sent my way from the party. Every time Avery did ANYTHING there was a camera in her face!!

Avery's party was so much fun. I decided to do it as a small gathering. It's a bummer that Jason's family lives further away and can't come to stuff like this. I really wish they could have come. But it was me and Jason, my mom and dad, Brooke and Dave, Kate, Reagen, and Aunt Angie. Leslie is at an opening and couldn't make it. She was very sad, but she will get to spend her actual birthday with her, which is coming up on Wednesday.

I went with a Sesame Street (really it was an Elmo) theme because Avery loves Sesame Street. It turned out so cute!! I took the pictures below before we had put all of the food out, but you can get the idea. My mom has alot more pictures of this table.


Jason and I were up until about midnight cutting all of this stuff and putting it together. But it was well worth it, it was really cute.


If you are interested in this stuff I found it on Etsy. The cake topper Elmo with the number one is from the Trendy Cupcake Shop and all of the other printables on the table, the banner, everything came from Simone Peterson.


Isn't Avery's outfit the cutest?


She LOVED Kate. Kate made her laugh and laugh! I know it doesn't seem like from this picture, but she did.


Her Gigi loves her so much.




All of my pictures come out so blurry! Boo!


I am so happy Reagen got to come! Yay!


We played Sesame Street games - I have such a great family and friends who are such good sports. We played Pin the Nose on Elmo, Sesame Street Charades, Guess The Number of Cookies in Cookie Monster's Jar, and How Many Words Can You Write That Start With "A?" There are pictures - I will attach those later! We did presents (Thank goodness for all of her new clothes!)

Then, it was time for cake. Oh man. Of course, this was the funniest thing.

Dad made her a little trash bag jacket and she got her Elmo bib on....


The candles are on every other camera BUT mine since we were doing the song. But once we got that cake....

She didn't quite know what to do with it....


She slowly started to figure it out...


Then her Uncle Dave just held her cake up directly to her face. She went after it!


Even her Pops got in on the icing action.


It really was such a great party. I am so happy it went well. But more than anything, I am happy that people who love her so much and got to spend her birthday with her. She started getting to be a real ham towards the end. She really is her mother's daughter.

I will write some more about her first birthday milestones on her real first birthday - but what a great day today was!

Comments

Nikki McCallum said…
Awww it looks like you did an amazing job, Jenna! You're such a good mommy! Wish I could have been there!

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.