Skip to main content

Updates About ME!!!

I don't have any great pictures to show today, so I thought I would tell you guys what I've been up to.

Well, I think we found a house! I was having a bit of a panic attack that our lease was up at the end of October and we had no place to move, so I posted something on Facebook about needing a place. Within minutes, a friend of our family said, "we have a house! It's the house I grew up in, but if you are interested, let us know." Here is a picture...


So, yes, it's older and yes, it's a little smaller. But it's $500 less than what we are paying now, in the right area, and with no security deposit. Um, yes please! It's got a huge backyard with big trees, which is exactly what we wanted more than anything. But this will give us a great chance to put some money aside, so next year, we can (hopefully) buy. The papers are not signed, but I am hoping it works out!

Avery's birthday is in two months. Yes, on Friday she will be 10 months old and her birthday will be in 2 months. I can't believe it. I thought about some good themes and found this awesome blog site for birthday parties....

Kara's Party Ideas is a great, great site for birthday parties or showers of all ages (but mostly kids, I think). I am thinking Sesame Street because Avery loves Elmo and loves to watch Sesame Street. Here is a preview from one of the party ideas I found...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Check out this cake....

Photobucket

There is some potential here! I never thought I would have a Sesame Street Party, but when you look at blogs and see how people have done it where it doesn't look completely cheesy, it makes you think...hmm???

Now, you all know I love Thrifty Decor Chick. But she has outdone herself this time. This is my idea of the perfect backyard patio...

large deck different levels

Look at this beautiful scene she's created!

outdoor candleabra

Now is the best part....

sears gazebo night

Oh my goodness. Heavenly. Her husband built that entire deck. Um, serious skills, right?

Comments

*Katy* said…
I'd like to borrow her husband and have him teach my hubby how to build a deck like that! I'm in LOVE!

And congrats (almost!) on the house! Good luck with the papers! A big yard is a HUGE plus with a little kid :)

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.