Skip to main content

The (sometimes) Forgotten One

So, the other day, I was laying in the middle of my floor, with both dogs laying around me. I was hugging the pups, kissing on them, giving them loads of attention. I stood up, swooped my daughter in my arms, and lavished her with hugs and kisses and attention.

As I was doing this I thought, who am I missing?

Oh yeah - that manly figure sitting on the couch. When was the last time I hugged and kissed him, lavishing him with all kinds of attention?

Hmm...I had to think hard about that one.

Oh my goodness, it's so easy to forget about that in a marriage, isn't it? Why was I so free with my TLC with dogs and kids but not with my husband?

So, we turned on the Cowboys game and I said, "Would you like a shoulder rub?" I gave him one, without asking for one in return, and I laid in his lap while watching the game.

He thanked me the next day for the attention. I had no idea me skipping over that little detail meant so much, but it did.

We all love our kids so much, but don't forget about the ones who gave them to us. Whether they say it or not, they need attention too!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It was a very good day.

I love it when God smiles upon us. I mean, He smiles upon us all the time. But sometimes, it's like sunshine, and Christmas morning, and rainbows, and babies, and awesomeness. On steroids. And I know that those times are not always permanent, so I learn to really wrap myself in His goodness, to take it all in, be happy, and just sit back and wait to see what He is going to do in my life. We have been struggling so long. I knew it was only a matter of time before things would be OK again. Where we would feel a little stability. Where we would take all of the things we learned while struggling and apply then when times are good. We have alot of great things going on in our lives right now. Some really great things. Some amazing, mindblowing, off the grid kind of great things. I wish I could share more, but for right now, let's just say that we are incredibly blessed with some great opportunities God is putting in our lives. I leave you with a gorgeous picture of our biggest bl

What is Your Skin Care Regimen?

Since turning 34 this year, I've been really trying to make sure I am taking care of my skin. I have been using Cover Girl Liquid Powder for years, but it always seemed to break my neck out. And full disclosure, my face cleaning routine consisted of using Avery's baby wipes (which actually do remove eye makeup surprisingly well). So, needless to say, my skin didn't always look its best.   So, I received some gift cards for my birthday and I decided to go ahead and spring for some better products. First thing I did was get something designed to clean my face. I ordered the Olay ProX Microdermabrasion System.     This system came with the battery-operated scrubber with both a brush and foam pad, plus every day face wash and microdermabrasion wash to be used twice a week. I have really loved using this system. The beauty is that you can really use any face wash you'd like. I will probably buy a pore-reducing wash after the tube they sent me is empty. This syst

Dancing With Dad

I have been working on a project these last couple of weeks for my previous company. Yesterday, I was working on my computer and heard roaring laughter coming from Avery's room. I walk in and found Jason and Avery dancing and singing away.   By sheer coincidence, this popped up on my Timehop today. Avery was only 1 in this picture. Boy, are these kiddos lucky to have such a great dad! It makes me heart melt.